Aji Amarillo Jumbo Chicken Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I have a lot of jumbo chicken wings in the freezer so I thawed some to make hot wings for dinner last night.

First I tossed the wings in a large bowl with some yellow hot pepper paste. Next I dusted them with Chef Merito Chicken Seasoning. Prepped the Performer with Stub's briquets and mesquite lump charcoal and cooked them indirect between 350 to 400 degrees.

After about 45 minutes, they were ready to eat.

Seasonings.

12 jumbo wings filled up the indirect side of the grill.

After about 45 to 50 minutes, they were ready to eat. Skin was nice and crisp.

Plated with blue cheese-yogurt dipping sauce, raw broccoli and celery plus some Santa Maria style Pinquito beans.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks great!

Every now and then a friend of a friend of the owner of a local Thai place will get me some marinade (no idea what's in it) that turns chicken wings the exact color of your "12 jumbo wings filled up the indirect side of the grill" pic. That marinade seriously turns out the best wings I make (we usually fry them though). I wonder now if it's just that yellow hot pepper paste turned into a marinade some how? Never seen it here on the right coast. I'm guessing a Latin Market may have it?

Beautiful meal!!

Don Cash said:
Looks great!

Every now and then a friend of a friend of the owner of a local Thai place will get me some marinade (no idea what's in it) that turns chicken wings the exact color of your "12 jumbo wings filled up the indirect side of the grill" pic. That marinade seriously turns out the best wings I make (we usually fry them though). I wonder now if it's just that yellow hot pepper paste turned into a marinade some how? Never seen it here on the right coast. I'm guessing a Latin Market may have it?

Beautiful meal!!
It's a combination of the yellow pepper paste and the Chef Merito Chicken Seasoning. The two together work great for the color and the flavor profile. The Chef Merito has a lot of salt in it so you need to go easy with it. A nice dusting works but you can overdo it if you're not careful.

I get the pepper paste in our local Mexican market. It's a product from Peru.

Back
Top Bottom