Advice needed (Finished Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well I stopped at the store to get some more meat for jerky I did pick up some more Top Round for the jerky …the stuff I’ve been making has been getting eaten quicker than I can make it…anyway….I came across one of those nice finds…..

Seems to me like this would be the perfect thing to break the new kettle in with…Ok guys I need advice…I’ve never done a standing rib roast…the roast is like 5lbs at $2.98 lb :shock: ;) what should my kettle temp be and how long is this going to take to cook? Planning in hitting it with a little S&P and come garlic and onion powder…

Wittdog, Get some string and tie it up real tight btween the bones. That will plump it up to a rounder shape for even cooking. Hit it with some whatsthishere sauce then coat with turbinado sugar. After the sugar is dissolved add the S&P garlic/onion and a pinch of ginger.
Cook at 275* to 300* until desired doneness. 20 to 25 minutes per pound. (on a 10 lb'er)
I do 130* internal and let it rest wrapped in a towel for an hour.

Dog

I cook in a kettle at 350* and pull at an internal temp of 125* for medium rare after a 30 minute rest. Salt, pepper and granulated garlic. around 2 to 2.5 hours.

Griff

my advise to you would be to call me when you are going to cook it...oh and have plenty of beer on hand !

john pen said:
my advise to you would be to call me when you are going to cook it...oh and have plenty of beer on hand !
Thanks guys...
John I think they are on sale all week...and I may be doing it Friday... ;)

Okay... I'm going to be the odd ball (who would have thunk it?).

Cook at 275* until you reach the desired degree of doneness.
Rest until temp drops approx 5* or a little bit more.
While meat is resting get you kettle temp up as high as you can.
Quickly sear all side of 'roast'.
Serve.

Maiden voyage of the kettle…nice way to break it in..

Cooked at 350* till an internal temp of 122*...This resting part is the worst...Thanks for all the help guys...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom