Absolutely new to grilling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acidraindrops

Assistant Cook
Hey guys :)

I'm wondering if somebody can maybe give me a few pointers. I've never grilled a day in my life, and just picked up a 5 burner Brinkmann gas grill yesterday with a sear side burner. I'm looking to break it in, but in this economy I can't afford to burn my food!

I figured I'd start with something easy like bbq boneless chicken breasts, but I honestly have no clue where to start. I'm not sure whether to use the sear burner, what temperature to have the rest of my burners at, and when I should be adding the bbq sauce. This is all foreign to me!

If anybody would like to help a newbie out, that would be much appreciated!

Light a couple of burners over to one side on medium. Season your chicken and place it over the lit burners for just a few minutes to get a sear on each side. Then move the chicken over to the other side and let it finish cooking.

Put your bbq sauce on towards the end, last 10-15 minutes. Also get yourself a probe thermometer so you don't have to guess and over/undercook your chicken.

Well this is odd. I just cooked a load of nekked breastes on the gasser last night. I marinated it 3 hrs in Kraft 7 Seas Viva Eyetalian dressing in the ice box. Let it warm up and drain in a collander for about 90 min or so. Gave them a dusting of salt and black peppa. Meanwhile back at the ranch I had the gasser fired up about 3/4 as high as it will go. Also had a nice size pecan limb wrapped in foil with big holes in it laid out across the front and directly on the burners. Gave them breastes 4 mins per side. Swear them was the best breastes most folks would ever eat. Now them who dont like the flavor of eyetalian spices it just be tough titty.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom