a fatty, I had no idea....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buckeye_Nut said:
[quote="friesian_rain":1i1ivbiv]
bbquzz said:
FR if you get to the point where sausage, bacon and the stuffing are not decadent enough add one more layer of flavor.... :mrgreen:

@Buckeye, no toothpicks were used; but the tequila was impairing my motor skills just a tad bit. If you look closely, I totally screwed up the weaving job. :LOL: but yet, it still tasted so wonderful !
The toughest looking part about doing a fatty is that damn bacon weave.....I'm not sure I can pull it off without it all falling apart!! LOL...I guess I just need to try. It must be easier than it looks.

I saw you used 2lbs of ground meat, but how much bacon is needed for a proper fatty weave?[/quote:1i1ivbiv]

At least a pound.

Buckeye_Nut said:
I saw you used 2lbs of ground meat, but how much bacon is needed for a proper fatty weave?
We may have been wrong about you if you have to ask ... you may not be ready to do a fatty :mrgreen: Do 100 more Moinks and ABT and come back :LOL:

Buckeye_Nut said:
[quote="friesian_rain":10vpvdv2]
bbquzz said:
FR if you get to the point where sausage, bacon and the stuffing are not decadent enough add one more layer of flavor.... :mrgreen:

@Buckeye, no toothpicks were used; but the tequila was impairing my motor skills just a tad bit. If you look closely, I totally screwed up the weaving job. :LOL: but yet, it still tasted so wonderful !
The toughest looking part about doing a fatty is that damn bacon weave.....I'm not sure I can pull it off without it all falling apart!! LOL...I guess I just need to try. It must be easier than it looks.

I saw you used 2lbs of ground meat, but how much bacon is needed for a proper fatty weave?[/quote:10vpvdv2]

I used a 12 oz package, thin sliced, was all I had.... Thick sliced bacon is the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom