2 smoked chickens on the Performer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
1 bird is for a customer, the other is for our dinner. Rubbed with Wolfe Rub and I'm using the charcoal basket with Kingsford and 3 medium hickory chunks.

Mmmmmm ~ Chicken!! =P~ Right up there with ribs and ribeye's!! Looks good Larry!! Save me a leg quarter!!! [-o<

The Joker said:
Mmmmmm ~ Chicken!! =P~ Right up there with ribs and ribeye's!! Looks good Larry!! Save me a leg quarter!!! [-o<

We devoured the whole chicken, I need to hurry up and vac seal the other or these animals will eat it too!

Dude, I was on the phone with you not more than a few hours ago and you didn't invite me over? Whats up with that?

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Dude, I was on the phone with you not more than a few hours ago and you didn't invite me over? Whats up with that?
At least you got a phone call... :grin: :grin: 8-[

Looks good Larry, is that the first time you smoked on the performer instead of grilling?

Larry, have you done your pulled chicken on the Performer or only the WSM?

Puff said:
Looks good Larry, is that the first time you smoked on the performer instead of grilling?
No. I did some half smoked and then finished grilling direct 2" thick pork chops that rocked

Smokin' U said:
Larry, have you done your pulled chicken on the Performer or only the WSM?
Haven't tried it on the Performer yet, but yeah it can be done very easily. I used 1 basket of coals for this cook but really only needed about half of a basket. The Performer really held the temperature as good or better than the WSM. The only down fall to using the Performer is space.

Back
Top Bottom