We're off for the Queen City and the Big D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
We'll be leaving this morning for the Jim Dandy's Competition in Cincinnati. Close to being a qualifier but right now a couple of teams short. It would be nice if we pick up 2 more teams.

On Monday we'll leave Cincy and head down to Dallas/Ft. Worth area to pick up the pit. Hope to find a few BBQ joints along the way. Next Friday we'll be cooking in the Smoke In The Water Comp in Hot Springs. Cliff will be joining us for that one and we really appreciate the help as it will just be my wife and myself going down on this trip.

I expect terrible weather along the way. Hurricane Ike's trajectory looks like it will be heading right down our route. I'm sure it will be severely downgraded by then but still could make for some nasty driving condititions. I'm taking my computer with me so I hope to post some pics along the way!

Dallas

I wish I was going! I'm cooking for 150 tonight/tomorrow and it is sposed to rain the whole time!!!

:shock: I really wish I'd know the numbers were so close to make it a qualifier. Coulda woulda made other than catering plans . . . hooked up the travelling igloo . . . and been there to compete. sigh Maybe next time around.

In the future, I'll try to spend a bit more time on the boards in order to be more 'in the loop'.

Good luck at the comp :D

So Far So Good

Well we're halfway throught with the comps for September and are still alive and healthy to talk about it. It rained all day Friday but cleared up Friday evening. We got a few extra teams to sign up to make the contest a qualifier.

We finished third in Chicken, sixth in Ribs, fifth in Pork, and first in Brisket and finished as the Reserve Grand Champion. Missed the Grand by one point to Shigs In Pits who successfully defended their championship. Congratulations also to Jim Ferguson (Rolling Smoke) foar a great contest and to his daughter Amanda who cooked in her first contest on a WSM and took third place overall.

Tonight and tomorrow we rest and then Monday morning we head for Texas. I heard but have not confirmed that there are over 100 teams signed up for the Smoke In The Water Contest next week. We'll keep you posted and keep that BBQ central Karma coming!

Congrats Dallas!! If you don't get a GC this year is certainly won't be for a lack of effort...you're so damn close. Keep it up. ;)

Wow congratulations Dallas. Just wonderful. I am sure a GC is in your future really reall soon!!!

Make sure you get yoru rest.

Wow!! How come you and Bubba SUCKED so bad when we were cooking together?????? Holding out on us? Or, was I dragging you guys down?! Great job Double DD!!

Thanks everyone. Tomorrows drive could be real interesting! I'm down here in Cincinnati where the winds are gusting as high as 54 mph. The power is out (I'm on battery power on my laptop with air card). Trees are down. Traffic lights are out. A large semi truck hit a power pole which took our section of the towns power out. At least its not raining.

We plan on leaving early in the morning. We'll be staying in Memphis Monday night. Haven't decided if we'll try any BBQ or not. I think I've had my fill of it to tell you the truth.

I'll try and take plenty of pics along the way and try to post before we get back next week.

Dallas

Back
Top Bottom