Turn-in boxes what's good / bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I am right but my opinion is....
Chicken- pieces were different sizes. I try to find 6 that look the same.
Ribs- looked lost in the box. More meat less green.
Pork- I thought looked the best of the 4.
Brisket- looked good.

To win it takes perfection and everything matters. Even the smallest detail can give you an edge. Losing 1st place by .0002 sucks.

I agree with the above post. The ribs could hardly be seen. I do like the pork box the best. Nice job on that one.

There's a interesting story behind the ribs. I didn't make a special order for the ribs with my butcher. I went in and picked up a pack of spares out of the display case. When I opened them at the contest there was one itty bitty section of spare ribs and a whole bunch of rib tips underneath. Needless to say I was less than happy with the situation. and was able to find one rack of spares at a local grocer and get them inspected for the contest. I still only had 6 ribs to turn in with the defects in the remaining ribs that was the best I could come up with that day. It was all I could do to make them look that decent.

There isnt a butcher to be found where I live. At least none that know anything about BBQ. I feel your pain.

DaleP said:
Not that I am right but my opinion is....
Chicken- pieces were different sizes. I try to find 6 that look the same.
Ribs- looked lost in the box. More meat less green.
Pork- I thought looked the best of the 4.
Brisket- looked good.

To win it takes perfection and everything matters. Even the smallest detail can give you an edge. Losing 1st place by .0002 sucks.

Yes it does...BOTH times!! :evil:

I had cut back on the amount of meat I made so the selection was VERY limited. I won't do that again.
brian j said:
i also think your ribs are lost in a sea of green
I had to use every trick I knew just to make the only 6 ribs I had look decent.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom