The Royal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jminion1

Sous Chef
Fly out tomorrow morning for Kansas City, if anyone is going stop by spc 910 and visit. Will be cooking with DrBBQ and drinking too much.
Jim

Jim, stay out of that "drinking pen". The "doctor" is a bad influence. Good medicine...bad influence. :grin: :grin: GOOD LUCK!!!

jminion said:
Fly out tomorrow morning for Kansas City, if anyone is going stop by spc 910 and visit. Will be cooking with DrBBQ and drinking too much.
Jim

Oh baby...do I smell another "live" podcast??? =D> :idea: =D>

Incase you didn't know...a little history and what happens from the AR website:

About the BBQ

The first American Royal Barbecue was held in 1980. The original rules mandated the contestants had to cook at least 10 pounds of beef, pork or lamb. "Judges were asked to consider the entries on a scale of 10 ("Super Excellent") to 1 ("Not For Me!"). Psychiatrist Rich Davis was thinking about giving up his medical practice in favor of marketing his own "KC Masterpiece" barbecue sauce. The judges thought that was a fine idea, and awarded him first prize."

The American Royal Barbecue is the opening event of the American Royal, and the season finale for the competitive circuit. Spreading over 20 acres in Kansas City’s historic Stockyards District, and with over 500 teams competing in four culinary contests, The Royal is the largest barbecue contest in the world. Combine this with a barbecue related trade expo, and this two-day food festival is truly the “World Series of Barbecueâ€

Good luck Jim. Tell Dr. BBQ this is his chance to prove he's better than Paul Kirk! :grin:

Anyone have an opinion on that? :D

Kloset BBQR said:
Good luck Jim. Tell Dr. BBQ this is his chance to prove he's better than Paul Kirk! :grin:

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

jminion said:
Jim

I hope you will also be going to the bathroom way too much then too! (Otherwise you may explode! ) Do well!

Kloset BBQR said:

Yeah i do!
Didn't happen :grin: :grin: =D>

Greg Rempe said:
jminion said:
Jim

Oh baby...do I smell another "live" podcast??? =D> :idea: =D>

Hey Greg are you coming to the Carolina Q cup at the end of the month ??

October 28-29, 2005
Carolina Q Cup & Folk Art Festival
State Farmer's Market in Columbia, SC
SC Department of Agriculture
Box 11280
Columbia, SC 29211

Finney said:
Who cares about Greg... I might be there. :happyd:

Hey I will be happy to see anybody , with my crazy work sechedule with my weekes off I have to pick and choose which contest I can go to , at the beginiing of next year I will have to do the schedule so I can make more contest if not to judge then maybe yall the do compete would not mind some help??

WalterSC said:
Finney said:
Who cares about Greg... I might be there. :happyd:

Hey I will be happy to see anybody , with my crazy work sechedule with my weekes off I have to pick and choose which contest I can go to , at the beginiing of next year I will have to do the schedule so I can make more contest if not to judge then maybe yall the do compete would not mind some help??
I'm not signed up... I might just show up and start cooking with someones team. :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom