The Prestigious Palmetto Pig Pick'n Championship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finney

Master Chef
Savannah, GA and Somewhere near Lexington, NC
http://www.oldecharlestownesertoma.org/thepigpickn.htm
This is considered "The SC State Championship".
March 9th and 10th, 2007 at the Ladson Exchange Park. Ladson, SC (Charleston area)
The "Pigs on the Wing" Competition Cooking Team from N. Charleston, SC (lead by our own Jack W.) claimed the state championship last year and will be back to defend.

See you there... unless you're skeart. :roll:

Oh Yeah!

I'm proud to be able to put the Band of Barbecue nuts together again for another run at the SC Championship. Finney, Jethro, Michael, and I will host a variety of newbies that will be watching our every move trying to get a bone on some szecret. Anything Butt on Friday, whole hog, whole shoulders, and ribs on Saturday, and a Chili contest Saturday afternoon.

I'm sure all of the big shots from all around will be there including Myron, Gary Kearse, Scott McDaniel, Russ Coronet, Tim Handy, JB McCarty, and about 75 more that would all love a chance to be the best in SC.

The only thing I can gaurantee is that we will cook our hearts out. Wish us luck, we're going to need it.

Good Q!

Jack

We will be there cooking in all three meat categories and anything butt on Friday. Probably not chili Saturday afternoon, that is time I take to relax after the judging and before packing up. This will be the first cookoff to be cooking under "Smokin' Cole's" versus Bayou BBQ. We'll see how that highly paid marketing consulting pays off. :?
Being grouped with names like Tim Handy and Myron Mixon is especially suprising. Hope I can cook to those standards. Especially as well as Handy.
Jack
What spot will ya'll be located in? I will try to be in #43 again near the restroom. See you there

BayouBBQ said:
We will be there cooking in all three meat categories and anything butt on Friday. Probably not chili Saturday afternoon, that is time I take to relax after the judging and before packing up. This will be the first cookoff to be cooking under "Smokin' Cole's" versus Bayou BBQ. We'll see how that highly paid marketing consulting pays off. :?
Being grouped with names like Tim Handy and Myron Mixon is especially suprising. Hope I can cook to those standards. Especially as well as Handy.
Jack
What spot will ya'll be located in? I will try to be in #43 again near the restroom. See you there

Hey Russ,

Look for us in #64, right between the channel 4 and 5 houses. Mary's got big plans for Showmanship (weather permitting) and we'll probably throw something together for chili. I get skeert when it comes to peoples choice chili.

Good Q!

Jack

Next Friday guys..............

We'll be there to defend the South Carolina State BBQ Championship.

But win or lose, a good time and good "Q" will be had. But we do plan on winning.

Look forward to seeing everyone that is there to compete.

I've got a catering gig Sat, otherwise I'd be down there to wash
dishes and cheer you guys on....Ladson is in Myrtle Beach, right?

Maybe you should send the szecret sauce recipe with the Maverick :idea:

I know.......don't count on it :roll:

Good luck guys! ;)

Well, The butterflies are churning up. I really like this contest, it's going to be a great weekend if the weather stays good.

We're planning on a REPEAT.

As a side note, Myron came back for another dose of Pigs on the Wing.

Say a prayer to the Barbecue Gods for us.

Good Q!

Jack

well, just to break the ice, our boys did not repeat. In fact,
I heard (from a very high individual) that the Grand Champ
was...

Myron.

(Cappy promises to keep stupid mouth shut so as not to
jinx future comps) :oops: :oops:

That said, Pigs on the Wing obviously had to scramble due to
a medical emergency at 4 am....

Latest posts

Back