THE OFFICIAL SOTB FALL 2006 THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good job, my goal for every contest I cook in it to make the third, congratulations!!!

What was the sanctioning body for the contest and the categories? I'm only familiar with KCBS.

Congratulations fellas!
1.gif

COngratulations guys...look on the bright side, there are 45 teams that feel worse than you do. [smilie=a_goodjob.gif]

We know the feeling in regards to pork! I think that your showing was quite "respectable." That is why I like KCBS. You can tank on one item, but still be elated about 2-3 others! On the other hand, if you're only cooking one meat, and can't finish in the top three................ ;) Have fun guys and don't take this stuff seriously! FUN< FUN< FUN!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Rich Decker said:
Good job, my goal for every contest I cook in it to make the third, congratulations!!!

What was the sanctioning body for the contest and the categories? I'm only familiar with KCBS.

Rich it was SCBA (Sout Carolina BBQ Ass.). Only two categories for now and they are team choice of whole hog or boston butts and Anything but Pork. They're working on getting more categories next Spring but when I was talking to the Shriner guy he didn't sound too optimistic about that happening.

I'm on the hotel computer so I thought I'd pop in for just a sec.

I was disappointed at first then thought 13th isn't too bad out of 58 teams. Then I started thinking, whoever came in above us had some very very good Q. Finney, Woody and myself were extremely happy with our finished product and thought it was definitely a top 5 finished product. Oh well, that's part of the game. We'll try again in the Spring for sure.

A big special thanks to Trisha (Finneys wife) the two Lisa's (Woody's wife and my daughter) for all of their help with everything, especially the anything butt. And a thanks to Puff for helping with a little bit of everything and the entertainment! He's a super nice guy! Are all people from Michigan as friendly as Bruce and Puff??

I'll post pic's and more info when I get home sometime tomorrow.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Rich Decker":2g4dvrv2]Good job, my goal for every contest I cook in it to make the third, congratulations!!!

Rich it was SCBA (Sout Carolina BBQ Ass.). Only two categories for now and they are team choice of whole hog or boston butts and Anything but Pork. They're working on getting more categories next Spring but when I was talking to the Shriner guy he didn't sound too optimistic about that happening.

I'm on the hotel computer so I thought I'd pop in for just a sec.

I was disappointed at first then thought 13th isn't too bad out of 58 teams. Then I started thinking, whoever came in above us had some very very good Q. Finney, Woody and myself were extremely happy with our finished product and thought it was definitely a top 5 finished product. Oh well, that's part of the game. We'll try again in the Spring for sure.

A big special thanks to Trisha (Finneys wife) the two Lisa's (Woody's wife and my daughter) for all of their help with everything, especially the anything butt. And a thanks to Puff for helping with a little bit of everything and the entertainment! He's a super nice guy! Are all people from Michigan as friendly as Bruce and Puff??

I'll post pic's and more info when I get home sometime tomorrow.[/quote:2g4dvrv2]

People from Michigan are just too stupid to be confrontational. They are so used to getting their asses kicked by Ohio State, that they think everybody is fixin to whoop 'em. They are kind of timid. They are even afraid of Vandy! ;)

ok I'm up...man am I sore. Legs and back are ready to a big
massage. Volunteers? And my thumb hurts from the bee
stung me. Pics coming in a minute.

had to kick this guy off my team...his head kept getting in the way....

we chose our turn in box from this pan...

pans of cooked Q on their way to be sold

Captain Morgan said:
ok I'm up...man am I sore. Legs and back are ready to a big

You got stung by a bee ??? You should've told us that earlier...

or

Are you gonna whine about that forever...lol

Larry Wolfe said:
And a thanks to Puff for helping with a little bit of everything and the entertainment! He's a super nice guy! Are all people from Michigan as friendly as Bruce and Puff??

Puff..a nice guy ??? hmmm..whoda thunk that ???

john pen said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":205u15v6]ok I'm up...man am I sore. Legs and back are ready to a big

You got stung by a bee ??? You should've told us that earlier...

or

Are you gonna whine about that forever...lol

Larry Wolfe said:
And a thanks to Puff for helping with a little bit of everything and the entertainment! He's a super nice guy! Are all people from Michigan as friendly as Bruce and Puff??

Puff..a nice guy ??? hmmm..whoda thunk that ???[/quote:205u15v6]

He did mention it earlier.
Captain Morgan said:
Also, I got stung by a bee, and no one cares.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
He did mention it earlier.
[quote="Captain Morgan":12zyf22a]Also, I got stung by a bee, and no one cares.
[/quote:12zyf22a]

I know, I was being sarcastic...you see the irony is that no one cared the first time he.....ohhhh...never mind...I guess its not funny if you have to explain it..thats it..Im not going to Oinktoberfest...Its my avitar isnt it..you hate my avitar..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom