THE OFFICIAL SOTB FALL 2006 THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
up and at em...got up at 6 , too excited to sleep late.

Clearing up nicely here, rains gone. Nice and cool this
morning.

Good luck Cappy I am in Jacksonville as we speak on the laptop yea I payed extra for the internet connection in the hotel!!!

Captain Morgan said:
ok, is it too early for a beer?

NEVER too early for a beer. Good luck fellers.

We are getting the brunt of Ernesto now. Winds are up and, much needed, rain is falling. The closed schools around here worried about flooding.

Glad the weather cleared up for SOB.

Glad the weather is clearing up for you. You guys have a great time! Look forward to hearing all the fun stories about your weekend and best wishes in the comp!

Come on Cappy Kegs and Eggs no Gatorade....good luck guys give em hell... :twisted: U should have opted for the V-8 Bloody Mary....all the vitamins you need and a little bit of heat and booze to get you going...

I spoke to some of the boys earlier this afternoon. The rain had stopped but it was muddy. Not really a problem they said except for Larry. Puff made it there after spending a few days at the Outer Banks. He said he will be back in the morning to see how things are going and I said I'd call back tomorrow to root them on. I'll post after I speak with them.

Now the freaking storm is looming here! Good luck guys. Wish we could be there to either just hang, or beat ya! W

Just spoke with them again a few minutes ago. Everything was turned in and the results won't happen until 4:00. Cappy tried BBQ-4-U butt and said it was fantastic! Larry tried Captain Morgan and the Misfits and said it was great! Cappy said he thinks his will place in the top 20 (theres 58 teams competing). He thinks BBQ-4-U might have a winner. Finney was nowhere to be found when I called. They used his gazpacho recipe that they had great results with last year for the anything butt. Good luck to both teams, do us proud! I'll let them post results later this afternoon and let the bragging begin!

Gooooooood morning everybody! Came home for a shower and sh**.

Announcements at 4 pm...this is the agonizing part....waiting. The clean up is agonizing too. Just want to thank Frayed Knot for an incredible
performance as a teammate...hard worker, great cook. He filled in
for Walter admirably.

As Nick said, I think BBQ 4 U.com has a top five turn in, very possibly
the winner. Anyone who beats them, I want to taste it. Some regional
big boys are here, so whoever wins should be very proud.

One guys pig caught fire last night...clogged grease drain...so I'm hoping I can beat him at least!! Details coming.

Captain Morgan said:
Also, I got stung by a bee, and no one cares.

5.gif
4.gif
6.gif

Man's Best Friend BBQ said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2cm1ea8x]Also, I got stung by a bee, and no one cares.

[smilie=hug.gif] we all care cappy....................... [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif][/quote:2cm1ea8x]

8.gif

Results are kinda in:

Neither team finished in the top 10. Larry said that he is one disapointed hambre. He thought that they turned in the best pork they have ever had but didn't place in the 10's. Not sure where anyone else finished because the final results arn't in yet.

JP's BBQ did finish 3rd. Larry said he is a forum member but didnt remember what name he posts under.

They are all tired and frustrated. Oh well fellers, there is always next year.

WAITING for the pics is going to kill me!

Back
Top Bottom