THE OFFICIAL SMOKE ON THE BEACH THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
and welcome to it. This will be a multimedia thread, with pics to come.

First, if you've never done a comp before, there's a heckuva lot of prep to do. Check lists are essential. And you spend a lot of money buying stuff like aluminum foil and disinfectant spray. So I've been going over my lists, getting things ready to pack, and washing almost everything.

Now here's how this works. In this contest, everyone cooks either whole hog (approx 100 lbs. dressed) or pork butts (70 lbs.)

Now I've got a big gas hog cooker that we will cook about 4 butts on for the Shriners to sell. (they run the contest as a fundraiser)

Finney, Larry and I will be using wsm's to cook about 6 butts, and we
will choose our best sample from among these three.

It will be very interesting to see who's sample gets turned in.
We'll all be voting together, and GQ, who is a SCBA judge, will be
helping decide there.

This will happen Saturday morning around 9:30, and this is where most of the fatalities will occur.

After we turn in OUR best, we will calm down and bring out the cleavers, and chop the rest for the shriners to sell.

I will reveal what we are turning in for Anything Butt on Friday morning,
and I can tell you it's unique and interesting.

Your BBQ4U Comp team is ready to represent you!

In the event of our deaths, please send our wsm's to a worthy person.

With turn-in at around 9:30 am, when can we expect to hear something from you guys?

GOOD LUCK!!! :( :(

By the way, for future reference...from the Rules and Regulations..

8. Behavior: Every team, to include members and guests, are expected and required to
exhibit proper and courteous behavior at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification
and/or expulsion for the contest. Repeat offenders will be barred from competing in
Smoke on the Beach contests. No alcoholic beverages will be distributed to the general public.
Teams will be informed if local laws and must adhere to same.

:) :) :eek:

Whoa, Finney and Larry at the same locale with the Cap'n? That'll be like Neville Chamberlain tryin to keep Adolph Hitler and Vladimir Lenin separated!!!!

The BBQ 4 U crew

5.gif

Good luck fellers, make us proud!

Podcast Friday Night??? :eek: :eek: This should be gooooood!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Captain Morgan said:
That is a may or may not event...we're still waiting on the profanity and violence rules from the censors.

Oh, were gonna do it alright...the question is will it ever make it to air?!?! Or I may have to drop the "explicit" language tag on the show! :eek:

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3a0bnigg]That is a may or may not event...we're still waiting on the profanity and violence rules from the censors.

Oh, were gonna do it alright...the question is will it ever make it to air?!?! Or I may have to drop the "explicit" language tag on the show! :eek:[/quote:3a0bnigg]
Git yer dang micro phone and tape recorder out if ya have to!!! :eek: :eek: :!:

Good luck guys and remember it's BBQ not rocket science...K.I.S.S. Method has been working for a long time.

Don't over think it, have fun, tell a few lies, pound a few back, and get right with THE MAN.

The Joker said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":3rqgqze6][quote="Captain Morgan":3rqgqze6]That is a may or may not event...we're still waiting on the profanity and violence rules from the censors.

Oh, were gonna do it alright...the question is will it ever make it to air?!?! Or I may have to drop the "explicit" language tag on the show! :eek:[/quote:3rqgqze6]
Git yer dang micro phone and tape recorder out if ya have to!!! :eek: :eek: :!:[/quote:3rqgqze6]
Bill, come on down with one of those many video cameras I'm sure you have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom