THE OFFICIAL SMOKE ON THE BEACH THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honey.... I'm home.
Just got back from SOTB and boy was it a blast. Really enjoyed meeting everyone onr the team as well as the rest of the people I met there. We should have some new board members in the near future because we were out spreading the word of BBQ-4-U.

All I can say about the pork entry is that We had 3 good pork cooks going on there at our tent and I would have been happy to turn in any of them. We actually had four good cooks going on... Garland cooked two butts on Jim's gasser. I would have been happy to turn his in also.

We turned in good BBQ and it was just the luck of the draw that we got the judges we got I guess. Jack W. went back to the judges tent after he got our entry number from us... He said the the judges had already eaten ALL OUR BBQ. It must have been good! Because that box was FULL of meat (SCBA doesn't allow garnish and it was a big restaurant "take out" box).

How about a pic of you and the huge trophy Finney! :( Hold up that check too!! :!: Congrats!!

The $200 bucks prize money paid our entry fee and some of the groceries.

The gift card was actually "passes" for rounds of golf (at what Jim said was a good course). I kept one "golf pass" and gave the rest to Jim and Garland. I wish it would have been an Amazon.com card so we could have all bought some more BBQ stuff.

We also won a door prize of some golf (don't remember to where). So if you're around MB, call up Jim and tell him you want to play some golf. lol

Hey guys... How soon until we start email about the April SOTB? 8-[

Home too...from SOTB. Have to agree with Captain, JackW and Finney, it was a blast! Except for the Rev getting beaned in the eye (hope your doing better now Rev) with the bungee cord. What a great bunch of guys to cook with on a team. Glad to say I made some new friends.

Have to give props to Finney, he hit one out of the park with the Anything Butt entry! That stuff was so good, people were taking it off the table and drinking it, not waiting for the shrimp, toast, or even a damn spoon! I mean just lapping it out the bowl!! Slobering, moaning and looking for more!!! I have never seen anything like it.
3.gif
3.gif

The pork was good too. Too bad we could only turn in just one. It would have been interesting to see how the others would have done.

It was good to hear BBQ4U's name mentioned directly after "The first place winner is..." It was a proud moment for us all.

By the way, got a call from Rev Marvin....apparently his vision is still
"not out of the woods". Looks like he has to go to the doctor every day
this week, and maybe longer. Please keep him in your prayers. [-o<

Whoa!!!!!! a HUGE hoax has been perpetrated on me by Greg!!!! He told me Finney was BLACK!!!!! I wrote Chris a big apology / explanation of something I wrote in The Blue Room!!!! Gotta take it back now Chris! Although, I'm certain you have a lotta "soul" though, and politically, you could be Jesse Jackson. You are not however, a "brother." Oh yes, he also told me that Larry was paralyzed from the neck up, so , at least that was correct!

ps. some of my best friends are black.......really!

Woodman said:
Whoa!!!!!! a HUGE hoax has been perpetrated on me by Greg!!!! He told me Finney was BLACK!!!!! I wrote Chris a big apology / explanation of something I wrote in The Blue Room!!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lmao: :lcry: :lmao: :lmao:

Jim, no offense taken. Rev was joking around afterwards. In fact, the whole weekend we were all messin with each other, and apparently (I wasn't there when the accident happened), Larry thought Rev was kidding around while he was writhing on the ground. Larry felt terrible afterwards, although he couldn't really do anything anyway. Big GQ is a former volunteer fireman, and kinda took charge of the scene until the ambulance got there. It was scary, and serves as a good warning
for everyone here. Freak accidents can happen, careful with those
bungee cords.

Woodman said:
Whoa!!!!!! a HUGE hoax has been perpetrated on me by Greg!!!! He told me Finney was BLACK!!!!! I wrote Chris a big apology / explanation of something I wrote in The Blue Room!!!! Gotta take it back now Chris! Although, I'm certain you have a lotta "soul" though, and politically, you could be Jesse Jackson. You are not however, a "brother." Oh yes, he also told me that Larry was paralyzed from the neck up, so , at least that was correct!

ps. some of my best friends are black.......really!

I believe someone was hoaxing me as well... :) :) :)

Who cares, everyone looked great in their BBQ-4-U.COM shirts...except the big bald headed guy!! :eek: :eek: :grin: :grin:

I got a call from Rev. Jr this afternoon also. His eye has blood in it from the initial trama. They say that it should get absorbed back into his system, but he has to go to the doctor everyday for a week to make sure it doesn't start bleeding again.
A week of bed rest for him.

Bruce B said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":1agmqv9q]Thanks Bruce...I mean Jim. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Now what did I do?[/quote:1agmqv9q]
You're fine Bruce...
That's just a bit of the Captn's humor.
When we met Jim Babek, Cappy called him Bruce (by mistake) everytime he said his name.

Great to see all the pics!
Looks like a real balst.
Congrats on the call !
Here's to a speedy recovery for Rev Jr. [-o< I know how eye injuries suck. I had a scratched cornea last month....not fun. Some drops, some rest, a week or two later, and you're back to normal. No worries.

It is a terrible thing what has happened to Rev and we all wish him a speedy recovery. Now, the investigation begins. Many of us, well some of us, all right, I would like to know how this tragic incident occurred.

The suspect list is fairly short so interviews shouldn't take long, however, if someone would like to step forward and lay the blame at the feet (or wheels) of the guilty party, that certainly would speed things along.

Subpeona's can be issued to compel your testimony, but please, let's not go down that road.

2.gif
6.gif
1.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom