THE OFFICIAL SMOKE ON THE BEACH THREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Joker said:
[quote="Greg Rempe":1p80nnuv]Where's all the BBQ-4-U gear at!!?? REPRESENT!!
Where's the Money!! :eek: :eek: :eek:[/quote:1p80nnuv]

Exactly Bill...Exactly!!
13.gif

Hope those guys were able to stay up all night. Larry looked a little tuckered out after preping the shrimp.

Nice Pics. MORE!

1.gif

I don't think they had enough bail money...Either that or they came in . . . . . How many teams were competing?? :grin: :grin:

ok just dropping off the pit at my house and going to the hospital. Woody (Rev Marvin) got hit in the eye with a bungee cord and we had to call an ambulance. We have great news and bad news, but nothing matters right now. We're all going to emergency room. Should be back with news
soon.

Woody (Rev Marvini is alive and fairly well. Scratched lens after the end of the bungee whipped into his eye (no, Larry didn't do it.). We left him in the hospital after his family arrived. Just a quick note. Rev was the hit of the party, and had most of us rolling on asphalt all weekend. He looks and sounds like Ernest T. Bass. I don't know if the podcast will be published, but listening to his part, well, better get some kleenex.

That's what made his injury so painful. Although he was joking in the
emergency room, it scared me, so I want to point out that this is not a joke or a trick.

After saying that, and knowing that all of you will put Rev. Jr. (Woody Lynch) in your prayers, I'd like to report the good and bad news.'

We entered 2 contests...Anything Butt and Pork.

Our entry of Fire Roasted Gazpacho with Gourmet Cheese Toast and
Shrimp Garnish won....First Place. Big, Big trophy. Before anyone else comes here and claims credit, it was all Finney. Not only did he convince us all to enter that bizarre recipe, he did all the work. I peeled
and chopped a cucumber. That was it. Finney took home the trophy, and received a lot of praise from everyone at the event.

As far as our team fared.......sorry guys. We voted on BBQ prepared
by Capt. Morgan, Larry Wolfe and Chris Finney in a blind judging, and chose Finneys. At that point we worked as a team to prepare what we thought was a fabulous looking box. This year, the competition was split into Shriners and Non Shriners. There were about 16 nons, and about 14 Shriner teams. In our category, non Shriner, we did not finish in the top 10. In fact, we heard we were about 13th of about 16. Official results are coming. Sorry to let you guys down. We had a blast until Rev. got hurt. We have a big trophy and a first place to show for our efforts.

Larry and I have a lot of pics to post, and we will, but for now, need to rest.

Sorry to hear about The Rev. Get well soon.
2.gif

A big congrats on the Anything butt
3.gif
, and don't worry about the pork. All you can do now is improve.

Congratulations Guys. A first place trophy, what can I say except you did us proud. So sorry to hear about Rev. Marvin, that had to hurt. Glad to hear that he'll be OK. No need to be embarrased about the BBQ entries. Judges are a fickle lot, very hard to predict. As long as you were satisfied with your product, that's all that counts. I know that this is a lot of hard work. We'll be entering our second competition next weekend, Oinktoberfest, in NY. I'd be tickled pink with a top 10 finish in any category.

Congratulations again Guys. Finney, you'll have to post that recipe.

I just got home from SOTB. Man, I hope Woody is OK. [-o<

To say I had a good time would be an understatement. I had the pleasure to be able to judge Anything Butt. The gazpacho was one of the highlights of the evening. The competition was very good. There was tenderloin, prime rib with horseradish sauce, stuffed shrimp, white catfish stew, meatloaf and a host of other dishes. The gazpacho was the buzz of the evening at the judges tent. Congratulations to Chris Finney. A job well done. The shrimp was done perfectly and complimented the cool tomato/vegetable mixture to a tee. I hope you will post the recipe, I'd love to put it in the tried and true file.

Unfortunatly, I did not get a chance to sample the BBQ that was turned in. The entry was not on my table. By the time I returned to the BBQ 4 U site all of the pork had been turned over to the event. The competition was pretty tight from my perspective. I was fortunate to be able to judge 2 of the top three places in the event. The BBQ was VERY good. After the judging is complete we are allowed to view and taste all of the samples in the event. All of the "public" samples were quality.

The crew was a very dynamic and great group to be with. There was an awesome amount of Q knowledge in one place. I know I learned from the late night discussion. My hat is off to Finney, Captian Morgan, Larry, Woody and Garland for a super job well done. I hope I get to opportunity to hang with this crew again. Thanks for the quality experience.

Great Q guys!

Jack

Congratulations guys, sounds like you had a great time, wish I could have been there.

Here's hoping the rev.
1.gif
will be just fine.

Hope the Rev's alright! (He has to stay in the hospital overnight? :-( ) Congrats to Finney! :( :( :(

You guys did good! Now, if the BOSS had pitched in a little cash... :)

I still think it was Larry's fault! #-o

Back
Top Bottom