The Official Q Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kloset BBQR said:
Good luck guys, wish I could be there. Lived 3 years in Columbia (courtesy of the U.S. Army) Great town! Go Cocks!

Question: I noticed that this contest is sponsored by the South Carolina Barbecue Association. Which of your many contests are KCBS sponsored events that qualify as the S.C. state championship and the champion gets an invite to the American Royal Invitational and Jack Daniels?

The KCBS sponsored state championship is located in Greenwood. It takes place in July. It is a well run and excellent event to attend. Many of the Fla. boys show up for that one.

Good Q!

Jack

Captain Morgan said:
actually I think Jack is too serious about his q to get drunk. finney and I, on the other hand....

I't's not really a serious thing. If you think back to SOTB and remember how you felt right around noon. Then think how you felt on load out until Woody sparked the party. I'd rather not feel that way in my present advanced age. I quit drinkin at comps years ago. Jethro on the other hand...

Good Q!

Jack

Jack W. said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":ngtud3sq]actually I think Jack is too serious about his q to get drunk. finney and I, on the other hand....

I't's not really a serious thing. If you think back to SOTB and remember how you felt right around noon. Then think how you felt on load out until Woody sparked the party. I'd rather not feel that way in my present advanced age. I quit drinkin at comps years ago. Jethro on the other hand...

Good Q!

Jack[/quote:ngtud3sq]

Hangovers hurt more than they used to is a fact !!! LOL

Finney said:
Just let us know when you're leading this way Kloset. We'll make it a party.

Hog Happnin in Shelby, NC is a State Championship. Next month.

Here's more:
Kings Mountain, NC in April.
Hickory, NC in May
Lincolnton, NC in June
Tryon, NC in June
Greenwood, SC in July
Charleston, SC in July
Maggie Valley, NC in Sept.
Laurens, SC in Sept.

Thanks Chris and Raine,

I'm definitely going to do one next year. Probably in North Carolina. My cooker is not finished yet and we could get snow at any time so It will definitely be next year. Hope we can all get together at one of these contests.

Back
Top Bottom