The NEW 12th Annual Official Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Fest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beardjp

Cook
The NEW 12th Annual Official Ohio Smoked Meat and Barbecue Festival - State Championship is scheduled for October 17 - 18, in Nelsonville, Ohio, on the streets of the Historic Public Square. The competition will have $5,000.00 in prize money. Team check in will begin at 8 am on Friday, September 17. A potluck dinner is scheduled for teams on Friday night and a free breakfast buffet on Saturday morning.

The entry fee is $200 with the following categories;
Chicken 10/18 at 12 pm
Ribs 10/18 at 1230 pm
Pork (Shoulder/Butt) 10/18 at 1pm
Brisket 10/18 at 130 pm
Dessert 10/18 at 2pm

PRIZE BREAKDOWN
Grand Champion - $1,500.00 & Trophy
Reserve Champion - $1,000.00 & Trophy
Top Ohio Team - $100.00 & Trophy

KCBS Categories
1st - $175.00 & Plaque
2nd - $125.00 & Plaque
3rd - $75.00 & Plaque
4th - $50.00 & Plaque
5th - $25.00 & Plaque

Dessert
1st - $125.00 & Plaque
2nd - $100.00 & Plaque
3rd - $75.00 & Plaque

The website is www.nelsonvillefd.org/ohiobbq.htm. The website will have the entry forms and further information later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Woodman said:
Downtown aye? Interesting.....

You really have your eye on that 3rd place desert and them 75 bigones eh? :P
Woodman, i found a place that has some great tasting chicken biryani,though the lamb is even better,,i almost gave up on the stuff but when cooked properly by someone who knows how it's pretty good.

Invitation Letter Date Error

Invitation letters and entry forms have been mailed to many BBQ Teams. The invitation letter has a error on the competition date. The date is listed as September 17 & 18, 2008. The competition date is October 17 & 18, 2008. The entry form has the correct dates listed. Sorry for the mistake.

More updates coming soon!!!

I am meeting with the new organizers again tomorrow. They are hoping to have some Friday night activities. Maybe a band and beer garden??? Maybe a community wide "Best Ribs" contest, non KCBS and an additional Dessert contest for the community??? I will try to keep everyone up to date as I get more information.

Any Competing Teams Let us Know & Fri competition

Can any teams who are coming to Nelsonville let me know by Email so I can update the website before we receive your entry form? Also let me know if you will need electric and water hook-ups. You can Email at beardjp@yahoo.com

We have also added a “Best of” competition on Friday, the 17th. There are three categories, ribs, hamburger, and dessert. The competition is non-KCBS and open to anyone. Entry is $20 per category or all three for $50. We are still working on the prizes for the competition. Specific information including rules and entry form will be on the website by this evening. www.nelsonvillefd.org/ohiobbq.htm

Puff said:
This contest kinda' makes me want to drive to Ohio. :shock:

You can't drive an hour north, but your gonna go 5 hrs south??? :twisted: :roll:

Sorry to say Beard, i'm gonna have to drop from this one, got a nice paying gig i can't pass up.
Great job on getting this rolling and i wish you guys lots of luck, hopefully you can get a full field.

Bbq Bubba said:
Puff said:
This contest kinda' makes me want to drive to Ohio. :shock:

You can't drive an hour north, but your gonna go 5 hrs south??? :twisted: :roll:

Sorry to say Beard, i'm gonna have to drop from this one, got a nice paying gig i can't pass up.
Great job on getting this rolling and i wish you guys lots of luck, hopefully you can get a full field.
I said "kinda'". ;)

New Event Sponsor onboard - Gordon Food Service

Gordon Food Service (GFS) is onboard as sponsor for the 2008 Nelsonville BBQ Competition. They have offered to take orders for product and have it delivered to Nelsonville for teams. We are working out the logistics of this, and I will let everyone know that information ASAP when it is available.

$100 Entry Rebate

Yes it is true!!! I am getting ready to update this information on the competition website.

The first ten BBQ teams that send in their entry form with payment will recive a $100 dollar rebate on their entry fee when they check-in at the competition.

Full competition and registration information is available at www.nelsonvillefd.org/ohiobbq.htm

9 teams signed up

We have 9 teams signed up and several more say their stuff is in the mail. There is still a chance we could have a qualifier. Thanks to everyones support of the new organizers.

Back
Top Bottom