The BBQ 4 U get to gether 07 and cook off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Okay, how about doing a cook off? The stage is already set (6/15-17/07 in Virginia at www.smallcountry.com). We will be getting together for a get to gether any way, why not show the public our talent.

Just a thought here but why not bring your cooker and lets cook some butts for the folks who will be camping. They could be the judge. We could turn this into a people's choice bbq competion. All for fun.

I could probably get the owners to foot the bill for the butts. NO PROMISSES HERE. (They are in south america).

What is the thought of the folks who plan on attending?

mrgrumpy said:
Sounds great.

The only problem is I can't even touch the stuff... let alone cook it. [smilie=sorry.gif]

So, how abt some chicken, or even a brisket on my part.... I will even furnish it if I have to.....

Bill

Sure, no problem. We could do a couple catigories if you want. I dont believe my folks will have any problem with that.

Puff said:
Still Father's Day weekend huh?
:roll:

Puff, it is fathers day weekend. There will be plenty of activites for the kids as well. Bring them along and make it a family weekend.

I am going to see if I can plan a vacation around this date. I have never been this far to the North before so I am a little scared.

Puff said:
Still Father's Day weekend huh?
:roll:

Aw, don't worry Puff, you're not the only one that's not going to be able to make it. I'll be in the east coast, Savannah, that weekend for my brother's retirement from the Coast Guard Rescue Swimming. Have fun everyone, maybe next year!

Cliff H. said:
I am going to see if I can plan a vacation around this date. I have never been this far to the North before so I am a little scared.

don't worry.. we is still south of the Mason Dixon line.... just have to watch out for those Northern agressors

Screamin Nite Hog said:
Sounds good.......if the campground furnishes the butts, we all can cook butts for all the campers to serve at lunch time.....
As far as the competition goes, I say we furnish our own meat, have all 4 KCBS categories, each cooker can choose any of the 4 to compete in. The judging should be blind judging by 6 or so people selected as judges....say maybe the owners and employees of the campground.

Sorry Bill............relatives of the judges cannot compete in the competition. Maybe you could be the competition organizer and table captain......

Just kidding, I will let you play too........ ;) [smilie=bowdown.gif]

:shock:

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Okay, how about doing a cook off? The stage is already set (6/15-17/07 in Virginia at www.smallcountry.com). We will be getting together for a get to gether any way, why not show the public our talent.

Just a thought here but why not bring your cooker and lets cook some butts for the folks who will be camping. They could be the judge. We could turn this into a people's choice bbq competion. All for fun.

I could probably get the owners to foot the bill for the butts. NO PROMISSES HERE. (They are in south america).

What is the thought of the folks who plan on attending?

Is it to late to get in on this? I may be interested.

Tim

Bill,

I'll have to look at the work schedule and see if I can get the family over there.

BTW...Where are you in relation to the Yorktown area?

Tim

Hey Tim, its about and hour west of Richmond from ya off I-64.

:shock: Bobberqer, when did you have a summer place there? Drop me a PM if ya want.

Id venture a guess at us being less than three months away from bbq-4-u paloza...or ...the big drunk !!

Hey Bill..Im gonna make reservations this week. Should I mention Im with this group or will that cast some black cloud over me even before I get there ????

john pen said:
Id venture a guess at us being less than three months away from bbq-4-u paloza...or ...the big drunk !!

Hey Bill..Im gonna make reservations this week. Should I mention Im with this group or will that cast some black cloud over me even before I get there ????

You mean more of a black cloud than what's usually cast over you?

Bruce B said:
[quote="john pen":ethkquba]Id venture a guess at us being less than three months away from bbq-4-u paloza...or ...the big drunk !!

You mean more of a black cloud than what's usually cast over you?[/quote:ethkquba]

Those are snow clouds...

Yep, if your making reservations tell them you are with the BBQ 4 U group. They are trying to keep us all together.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Yep, if your making reservations tell them you are with the BBQ 4 U group. They are trying to keep us all together.

Tucked away from the general public no doubt...lol

Back
Top Bottom