The BBQ 4 U get to gether 07 and cook off.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A good question was brought up to me in a PM about the campground.

Fishing. No licence needed. Its a private lake and stocked with bass, bluegill, cats and crappy. There are a few boats for rent and I have one row boat on the lake that anyone can use at any time. Most people like to fish from the shoreline. Never tried smoked bass but I bet its good. ;)

We should be in a secluded spot but not too far off the path. I want the campers to see how real BBQ is made.

I did talk to my Dad about the meat. He will provide the meat that we want to cook for the campers. We can do a peoples choice judging. I will take care of setting all that up from here.

I tried to get my brothers band lined up for Saturday night but he is already booked that night :cry: so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyone play the guitar? Nothing like a bond fire with a guitar! ;)

home1.jpg

Bill The Grill Guy said:
A good question was brought up to me in a PM about the campground.

Fishing. No licence needed. Its a private lake and stocked with bass, bluegill, cats and crappy. There are a few boats for rent and I have one row boat on the lake that anyone can use at any time. Most people like to fish from the shoreline. Never tried smoked bass but I bet its good. ;)

We should be in a secluded spot but not too far off the path. I want the campers to see how real BBQ is made.

I did talk to my Dad about the meat. He will provide the meat that we want to cook for the campers. We can do a peoples choice judging. I will take care of setting all that up from here.

I tried to get my brothers band lined up for Saturday night but he is already booked that night :cry: so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Anyone play the guitar? Nothing like a bond fire with a guitar! :wink:

home1.jpg

You should only hope and pray that Woody doesn't show up! :LOL:

Just got another commitment to the get to gether. Jeff Harless (Joe Boys BBQ) and his lovely girlfriend will be there as well. Thats 10 "teams" so far.

Dad has given us a field location that we can both cook in and camp there. The map has a colored area drawn on it.

Dont forget to bring something to cook and share on friday night. I am thinking about doing tri tip.

Just got of the phone with the campground..All was goin well till I mentioned I was with the bbq-4-u group..I'd tell you folks the reply, but it would be more suited for the blue room... :LOL:

Only kidding of course...reservation made !

mrgrumpy said:
With much regrets, I have had to cancel my reservation.

My work schedule has made some major changes that is also affecting my competition schedule as well. I have it worked out to make the Norfolk SlamminBBQ competition, but that may be the only one for the year.

Hope to make it another time.

Bill

You will be missed. Just lined up a car show for the same weekend. Dont sweat it, we will see ya in Norfolk.

Big Mike said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2nki6pjh]
mrgrumpy said:
With much regrets, I have had to cancel my reservation.

My work schedule has made some major changes that is also affecting my competition schedule as well. I have it worked out to make the Norfolk SlamminBBQ competition, but that may be the only one for the year.

Hope to make it another time.

Bill

You will be missed. Just lined up a car show for the same weekend. Dont sweat it, we will see ya in Norfolk.

If the wife can get the time off (she just started a new job) I would like to haul the Stumps over and play with yall if ya don't mind.

Bill, you lined up a job for that weekend? You gonna miss your own shindig? [/quote:2nki6pjh]

We would love to have ya Big Mike.

Heck no, thats Charlie that will be missing the shindig. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Cant think of a better way to spend a fathers day. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom