Smoke On The Water - Hot Springs AR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
We're off for Smoke On The Water in Hot Springs sometime early this afternoon. 101 teams have signed up for the contest. I spent much of the day yesterday getting the meats and wood for the compeititon. We seasoned the new pit and cooked some pretty good chicken and ribs. The pit is incredibly easy to use. It's kind of like zeroing in a rifle. The firebox door has a small plate running accross the bottom that is spring loaded. Once you get it tuned in there is no need to fiddle with it. All adjustments from that point forward are made with the smoke stack and it is incredibly sensitive, very small adjustments will get you 25 degree temperature swings. The pit is very fuel efficient. I don't think we used more than 5 sticks of wood yesterday and we had the pit fired up for seven hours. I had my logo transferred to a sign on the back of the pit and the artist Brenden Stubblefield did an incredible job with it. It really looks great and the photos don't do it justice. I look forward to showing it to a lot of the BBQ Central members next week at Oinktoberfest. Here are a few pics that I took yesterday.

Great looking pit Dallas, good luck this weekend and I look forward to seeing you and the pit next weekend. Safe travels my friend!

Nice looking pit, Dallas . . . and you don't look half bad either! :D

See ya next weekend!

You should stop in and visit both Gator and Bates while your there and start laying the groundwork for the pits you will eventually buy from them!! ;)

Now that's a Mobile! congratulations Dallas.I'll settle for a rack of them ribs,looks like they about perfectly done.
Have to go break into the german leica forum and see what they saying about me the 2000 post troll!,,, :roll: ..ya can only take so much plastic fantastic from the uptight metal lederhosen bunch,,sheeeesh post a coupla 3200 iso photos from a plastic fantastic camera with a lense older than most of em and they get all bokhed up!..and bar ya for life.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. We arrived safely in Hot Springs about an hour ago. We'll be there when the gates open at 9 am tomorrow morning so we'll have plenty of time to set up and prep. I'm looking forward to meeting Cliff. We got some nice seasoned Texas pecan and hickory for tomorrow's contest. I'll try to get a good night's sleep but I might just sleep in the truck. I'm just a little worried about leaving the pit unattended overnight.

We didn't get down to Houston so I couldn't check out Gator or Bates, Woody. They had warning signs in the Dallas area telling everyone not to travel to Houston because they were very short on fuel and you might get stranded. It was tought to leave Texas. Everyone is so friendly down there and totally in to BBQ.

We'll definitely put our best effort forward tomorrow and after that it's our fate is in the hands of the judges. We'll be leaving immediately after the awards ceremony tomorrow. I have to put in over 200 miles after the contest to have a chance to get home by Sunday night. Hopefully Cliff can post our results or if Uncle Bubba is in I can give him a call and he can post the results. If anyone in the Arkansas area wants to stop by and hang out, your more than welcome!

See you guys at Oinktoberfest next Friday!

Bruce, next week it will be staying in the Big Green BBQ tent with me protected by two killer retrievers! :LOL:

Great looking pit, Dallas! Did you happen to ask Jamie why he doesn't return my phone calls and emails about being on the show for a segment...THAT is NOT good karma for him! :shock: 8)

Greg Rempe said:
Great looking pit, Dallas! Did you happen to ask Jamie why he doesn't return my phone calls and emails about being on the show for a segment...THAT is NOT good karma for him! :shock: 8)

Mr Geer must have caught an episode of the show,,i mean would you return your call and emails after listening to one of your shows Greg? :LOL:

Talked to Dallas last night. He fininshed in the mid 50's and just missed a call in pork at 24(I think). That comp is like the Jack with the level of competition there. I'm picking Rod to win the Jack this year. The Wade's finished RGC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom