Smoke on the Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dollarbill

Head Chef
Anyone gonna be at Smoke on the Water in AR. this year? $100,000 up for grabs pays up to 40th place in each category.

bbquzz said:
I might like to go, but not going to make it this year..... Wait there will be beer there? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yep! Sounds like Goodsmokes bringin a bunch of it.....What a gooddude.

That is going to be a history making event...the first true $100K event if my memory serves correctly!

30th to 40th place pays $100 bucks. Awards should be a snap huh? hahaa Ill be with Denver Cajun Krew.

Cliff H. said:
I can't talk my wife into turning loose of the entry fee.

I couldnt swing that kinda cash myself. $450? + gas + food + beer etc.... ouch.
Thats why i'll be the helper. ;)

dollarbill said:
Cliff H. said:
I can't talk my wife into turning loose of the entry fee.

DB, I think the common misconception about competition bbq is that while EVERYONE can do it...not EVERYONE can afford to do it (especially every weekend!) I think its safe to say you are in the $600+ range each time out...some WAY more!

Greg Rempe said:
dollarbill said:
[quote="Cliff H.":9rg05el5]I can't talk my wife into turning loose of the entry fee.

DB, I think the common misconception about competition bbq is that while EVERYONE can do it...not EVERYONE can afford to do it (especially every weekend!) I think its safe to say you are in the $600+ range each time out...some WAY more![/quote:9rg05el5]

Id agree with that when your traveling across states. I probably hit 3 to $400 in state with gas, entry, beer, food, all the small stuff too. Damn....I hate lookin at it that way! :twisted: :D 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom