Smoke on the Beach - April 20-21, 2007 (#2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dinner with Wolfe's....went to Phillips Seafood...

Larry's new grill..

Larry's Grouper

Lisa's seafood platter.....

Cappy's Crab cakes and shrimp

the family spent 6 hours in the car and no one is dead yet...

no.

"Me and him" are gonna unload it. Hopefully Finney will
be there before me, and they'll get tired of waiting for me,
and break it themselves.

Captain Morgan said:
no.

"Me and him" are gonna unload it. Hopefully Finney will
be there before me, and they'll get tired of waiting for me,
and break it themselves.
:LOL:
Has the guy from New Yawk made it down yet?

Cap'n

Kepp the pics coming. We're especially interested in pics from the fat guys weigh in. Good luck to all the competitors.

I should be arriving mere moments after the time everything is unloaded and set up. It's uncanny how that seems to happen every time.

I just talked to Finney. The butts are on and it sounds like a real good time down there.

I tried calling Larry but he wouldn't answer his phone :roll:

ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:
... tried calling Larry but he wouldn't answer his phone :roll:

Umm... Some cells have the callerID feature. Do you blame him for not answering? :roll:
Well I figured being his biggest promoter (and buyer) of Wolfe Rub I thought he would answer :shock:

He's probably sleeping already :roll:

Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:

Umm... Some cells have the callerID feature. Do you blame him for not answering? :roll:
Well I figured being his biggest promoter (and buyer) of Wolfe Rub I thought he would answer :shock:

yeah, he answered MY call :LOL: :shock:

SteerCrazy said:
Puff said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Puff said:

yeah, he answered MY call :LOL: :shock:
It wasn't him :shock: :LOL:
He has"People" 8)

Okay I'm back home safe and sound and tired as hell.........

Friday's lunch I didn't get the pic's of the onions and sweet potatoes Finney was bossing me around! ;D Plus I had an excruciating headached all weekend and I was pretty grouchy.

Cook Site

Finney top left, top right Woody Lynch (Reverend Marvin Jr.), Nick bottom left and me in the bottom right.

All jokes aside about the diet etc, Nick is one of the nicest person you'd ever want to meat. It was a pleasure meeting him and wish I had been better company but I had horrible headache all weekend.
Our Anything Butt turn in. Fire roasted vegetable gazpacho with grilled toast points with manchego cheese and grilled shrimp basted with Reverend Marvins and Honey. We won with this two years ago, but placed 5th this go around. We were very happy with the results again but some cake won!!

Pork Pic's

Miscellaneous pic's

Man it looks like a great time!
Thanks for the pics :D

Could you all do me one favor? Buy Finney a different color shoe? ;)

SteerCrazy said:
Great pics Larry.....looks like you got some concrete to work with, last year I think you guys were in the mud :shock: :)

Yeah every Spring we're in an amusement parks parking lot, but in the fall they put it on at the old MBAFB in the football field.

Back
Top Bottom