Smithfield's Slammin'BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GC Tarheel
RGC IQUE
Chicken Dirty Dick
Ribs Trigg
Pork Tarheel
Brisket Tarheel

Congrats Bill and Gary finishing 19th is very respectable with this group

Live from Norfolk, VA

Man, what a contest. Over a 500 mile trip to get here, heavy thunderstorms all through the night. Got to meet Mr. Grumpy my next door neighbor, Bill The Grill Guy, and Brian. All were great guys . I hope our paths cross again soon.

Don't know if I'll make the trip next year. 500 miles were a little hard on us old guys but we made it. Took us 12 hours of straight driving. Got here 1/2 hour before the cooks meeting. It was so cool to be in the presence of so much BBQ talent.

We were shocked to hear our name called twice. We got a 6th in Ribs and a 6th in Brisket. We finished 14th in Chicken and 13th in Pork and took 8th place overall. We're very happy with that finish and hope to see some more Barbecue Central folks at future comps.

Dallas, congratulations on a top ten finish, nice job. Congrats also to my New England brothers Dirty Dick wining chicken and Chris for RGC that's awesome.

It was nice to meet Dallas Carolina Q (Tim) and Bill (Mr. Grumpy).

I guess I cant complain about a 19th finish concidering the talent that was there. Gary's Rib sauce finished 4th which we were glad about.

The weather was a tad bit on the YUCK side but MSOTMB found a way to keep dry. ;)

Hey Rempe, this one is for you.

Bruce B said:
Dallas, fantastic showing, congratulations; which cooker did you use in the comp?

Thanks Bruce! I used the Jedmaster for pork and brisket and the FEC 100 for Ribs and Chicken.

Back
Top Bottom