Roc City Rib Fest --> Rochester, NY 8/30/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodSmokeBBQ

Senior Cook
Just wanted to let you know about a little one day unsanctioned rib cook off in Rochester, NY. The date is Saturday August 30th, rib turn in at 4:00. Can set up Friday night if you wish. Only $30 until August 1st then $40, payout: $500 and trophy first, $200 and trophy second, $100 and trophy third, ribbons through tenth. Percentage of proceeds will benefit the Golisano Children’s Hospital at Strong.

See the website for details and applications or reply with questions.
http://www.roccityribfest.com

Thanks,
Brian

Unity said:
Diva Q said:
Good luck!

Have fun!!!!
+1.

--John
(Only one meat, you'll hardly have time to get your competition face on! ;) )
I'll be up for 24 straight hours today..and then up early in the am...my game face will be on :LOL:
I might even have a chance at this one...Diva is staying home :LOL:

Well we just got back from the Roc City Rib fest…It was a very good time the contest was well organized and well run…the grounds were awesome…..It was kind of nice just cooking one thing….nice and relaxing…it had more of a tailgate feeling then a comp…the other competitors were cool…All in all a real good time. On the way down we stopped at the Jell-O Museum…Here are a bunch of pics of the weekend…Jell-O Museum, the comp and just the boys being boys…at the end of the comp MJ was filthy…
Good Smoke has the results and will hopefully post them…As much as I hate garnish…doing comps without it is probably worse….

Great pics Dave! I noticed one of the teams had a huge Klose that looked bigger than Bubba's. I also noticed a picture with you guys holding up a trophy so congratulations on that.

So tell us how you did! Looks like a good time was had by the family!

Dallas

Yeah that Klose was HUGE...nice looking pit.
We took 2nd place...the boys want to take the trophy in to school next week :LOL:
It was a very good time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom