Road Trip to Lynchburg TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Gary in VA called and said he is on for a Road Trip.

The Jack Daniels

bbq_tl_tag.gif

Just made reservations at a hotel in Manchester TN about 30 miles from The Jack. Leaving out friday the 27th of October and returning the 29th. Should be a fun trip to go and see the World Champions go at it there. Dizzy Pig, and Jacks Old South both have said we can party with them.

Anyone else going?

barrel-beer-mice-copyright2.gif
[/url]

dang makes me wish for home. Before the move I only lived about 45 mins from Lynchburg. My brother (squint) is still close by . I will have to let him know

Screamin Nite Hog said:
Hey Bill,
Jo and I were thinking about going up to check it out. Where are you staying? I may try and get a room there.

Americas Best Value Inn, Manchester TN
Phone # (931)728-5177

Love to see you guys there. Lets get this party started.

Bill you told me you always stay at Motel 6 because you felt safe! "They leave the light on for you"!

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Leaving out friday the 27th of October and returning the 29th.

Bill I don't know if you can leave earlier but at JD Thursday night is the big party night. Friday is a full day with the Iron Chief, the parade then the dinner at barbecue hill. Teams get back to the site around 8:00 and start cooking. Friday night is real quiet. Most of the parting is done by the first year teams, the experienced teams are bearing down and cooking. Regardless it's humbling to walk around and see every body who is anybody in comp cooking. The Pigs are always fun to be around.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Did you know...

that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a => dry <= county. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

On my first visit to the distillery about 9 years ago, I took the 3 hour tour on a 85 degree day and afterwards they take you into this nice air conditioned bar looking room and offer you lemonade. That's when I found out it was a dry county. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Burnt Food Dude said:
Did you know...

that the Jack Daniels distillery is in a => dry <= county. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

They sell Jack in the fancy decanter bottles in the visitors center. As a competitor they give each team a bottle to use in the sauce category. At the dinner they have for the competitors they serve all the Jack Daniels products, it's interesting to eat a great southern dinner washed down by a tumbler of Single Barrel.

I am soooo ready for this trip .... No work, no wife, no kids... just great friends, great bbq and I don't have to stay up in the smoke all night long.

I am writing this from the truck!!

Dizzy Pig Canada will be there we won our invite yesterday from the Ontario trifecta.Second year for both pig teams making it 3rd year for our American counterpart,fourth time for Mike our captain,he went one year as a Swinefellow.
Aaron

Aaron said:
Dizzy Pig Canada will be there we won our invite yesterday from the Ontario trifecta.Second year for both pig teams making it 3rd year for our American counterpart,fourth time for Mike our captain,he went one year as a Swinefellow.
Aaron

Congratulations Aaron. Quite an honor, indeed! Look forward to seeing you guys at Oinktoberfest this week.

Dallas

Good job Aaron, pass along my congratulations to Mike and Brian also. See's you all in New York next weekend.

Aaron, thats fantastic. Bring me one or two of those Canada beers. Them things is GOOD. See ya at the Jack.

Yahoo, two more days. Cant wait. I had to do some sweating the past few days. The wife wanted me to take Lil'quer with me. Well, thats not happnin. Leave work on Friday morning and pick up Gary in VA and off we go.

Hey Gary, did you line up that Bail Bondsman yet?

I have the camera packed with extra batteries.

ROAD TRIP!

roadtripmk6.gif

Have a safe trip guys and have fun! Watch each others backs, cause the eyes in the hill's will be watching you! (Deliverance Music) "You got some purdy lips, what chu say you drop dem pants, don't talk, just do it" "UGHHHHHHHHHHH" (Ned Beatty)

Good Luck to you guys.. sounds like loads of fun... A team named Porkenstein, guy named Rick, I know is going to be there, backyard, and Adam Perry Lang, Daisy May's BBQ.. stop on by and say hello for me.. real nice people ..enjoy !!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Have a safe trip guys and have fun! Watch each others backs, cause the eyes in the hill's will be watching you! (Deliverance Music) "You got some purdy lips, what chu say you drop dem pants, don't talk, just do it" "UGHHHHHHHHHHH" (Ned Beatty)

That's just a little too realistic coming from you Larry, so stop OK? :LOL: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom