RETURN from the Ultimate Cooking School !!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Captain Morgan said:
so give us some tips Ben!
Myron made sure everyone was drunk so they thought his tips sounded better than they really were and now Ben has forgotten them! Sounded like a good time though Ben! =D>

Big Ben's BBQ said:
First on the list was to make Myron's secret injection.

Was this the secret injection?

Jack's Old South Meat Marinade

Recipe courtesy Jack's Old South BBQ & Grill

2 quarts apple juice
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup orange juice
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup salt

Heat and whisk together until sugar and salt dissolve.

I admire Myron. He made 100 grand on the circuit last year. He'll make that plus teaching classes at $500 a throw. He's got a Jed Master with his endorsement, invites to all the great events he ever wants to cook in, probably prepaid to use his fame. He is a constant on Food TV. His restaurant in Vienna is packed on an everyday basis, and his wife is as sweet as she can be. I need this gig.

Jack

Re: injection

Big Ben's BBQ said:
nope.... that injection isnt even close !!!!!

I heard he uses some brew with peach nectar. He has many, many, empty bottles of apple juice after he gets done prepping his stuff.

Jack

Finney said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":s5e26ui6]so give us some tips Ben!
Myron made sure everyone was drunk so they thought his tips sounded better than they really were and now Ben has forgotten them! Sounded like a good time though Ben! =D>
:bar:[/quote:s5e26ui6]
:bar: Too

CrazyWhiteMan said:
Sounds like alot of jealousy here Ben!

Maybe........but not the kind you think! I'm jealous cause he's making a good living doing something he loves to do.

CrazyWhiteMan said:

Please don't mistake my comments as petty jealousy. I've been cooking on the same field with Myron for quite a while. I've won a couple, he's won more. He visited my area and shot the bull with my team and visitors for over an hour at the PPPP. People flock to him like flies to poop. I can understand why he has to draw the line. I really do admire him...and I really would like to have his gig.

Jack

Larry Wolfe said:
CrazyWhiteMan said:

Maybe........but not the kind you think! I'm jealous cause he's making a good living doing something he loves to do.

C'mon Larry, we could do the same damn thing :!:
With your knowhow, and my, ahh.., ummm.., #-o
Like I said withyour knowhow 8-[

Does power cooking use higher temps? I saw him do the brisket on the BBQ challenge in around 6 hours, iirc, while everyone else went low and slow. He lost because he used fruit juice in his brisket.

yeah I remember him saying "Great, we got a traditionalist.", meaning they wouldn't like fruit in beef. He's won his share though.

Back
Top Bottom