Qing for a cure.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
John Atkins is organizing a competion style BBQ for one of his team mates sons who is battling cancer. I know this is short notice but,,,

If anyone can make it.

We are all greatful for all of your support. It looks like to be one of the largest non - contest BBQ event on the East coast. Thanks again everyone!

Jan 13, 2007 4 pm - 8 pm
Hugh Cassell Elementary School 1301 Rockfish Rd. Waynesboro VA
World Championship BBQ Teams will be Qing for a Cure for 11-year-old Justin Harris who lives in Crimora ,Va and has childhood cancer. The menu will include the following: Beef brisket, Hand pulled pork, baked beans, Cole slaw, roll, beverage, and dessert. Tickets will cost $10.00 each. Eat in or take out meals available.

For more in formation contact: John Atkins at 434-589-5375 or jatkins@pigsontherun.com
orMark Harris at 540-241-2673 or Redhead4mark@yahoo.com

Doors open at 4:eek:o pm.!

New%20Holland%202006%20011.jpg

Well, I believe this is the first post that I have seen that hasn't gotten at least one reply here.

Gary and I helped out John Atkins "The Barbeque Connection", Richard Middleton of "Red White and Q", Tuffy Stone of "Cool Smoke", Jeff and Joe Harless of "Team Joeboy", and many more volunteers with Q for a cure. Justin Harris, a member of Pigs on the Run BBQ team, has a rare childhood cancer that he is battling.

We served over 700 people in 3 hours. 15+ briskets, 10 butts, 10 shoulders, 70lbs of cole slaw, baked beans and rolls. Not to mention all the homemade deserts that was donated. Hugh Cassell Elementary School donated their kitchen and dinning hall to hold this huge event.

There was a country/bluegrass band that volunteered to play during the whole event. They were great.

There was coverage from 5 different news agencies there as well.

Here are a few pics.

Looks like it was a huge success. I hope things work out for Justin and his family. Truly a great thing you guys did for the family!

High five hand and testosterone laden manly man type hiney slaps all around. Great Job!!

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom