Q-fest - BBQ Central

Go Back   BBQ Central > General > BBQ Competitions, Road Trips and Events
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
Q-fest

Well, I'll be headed out to the most funnest place on EARTH , Q-fest tomorrow. Going down to Cistern ,Tejas to Rancho Cannonero, to confer with the BBQ intellegencia in that neck o the woods. Funny thing is, we never seem to eat much BBQ! Fish Fry, gumbo, chicken fried steak, prime rib, fajitas, posole, jambalaya, etc, but not much Que! I'll drink one for ya and be certain to talk you up Kevin! See ya!
__________________

__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bill The Grill Guy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 5,449
Have a great trip Woody. Dont forget the pics.
__________________

__________________
Bill The Grill Guy
www.billthegrillguy.com
"Life, it's what you do between meals."

https://img76.imageshack.us/img76/3674/platezi0.png
Bill The Grill Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
Have a broke backingly great time there Woody!
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #4
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bruce B's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utica, MI
Posts: 6,758
Anybody got a wild guess what the Q stands for......1 guess!
__________________
Bruce
Treasurer, Great Lakes BBQAssociation
www.glbbqa.com
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
I thought it was understood!
__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 PM   #6
God O'Que
 
Uncle Bubba's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boardman, Ohio
Posts: 2,689
What???? No catering job this weekend???? Pick me up 40lbs of Slovacek sausage. I'll give you the money. [smilie=thefinger.gif]
__________________
Uncle Bubba

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Bruce B's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Utica, MI
Posts: 6,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bubba
What???? No catering job this weekend???? Pick me up 40lbs of Slovacek sausage. I'll give you the money. [smilie=thefinger.gif]
where have I heard that before?
__________________
Bruce
Treasurer, Great Lakes BBQAssociation
www.glbbqa.com
Rubbed, Smoked, and Sauced Competition BBQ Team-
22 1/2" WSM, 2 18 1/2" WSM's, 22 1/2" Weber Kettle
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:54 AM   #8
Pope O'Que
 
SteerCrazy's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,089
Re: Q-fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Well, I'll be headed out to the most funnest place on EARTH , Q-fest tomorrow. Going down to Cistern ,Tejas to Rancho Cannonero, to confer with the BBQ intellegencia in that neck o the woods. Funny thing is, we never seem to eat much BBQ! Fish Fry, gumbo, chicken fried steak, prime rib, fajitas, posole, jambalaya, etc, but not much Que! I'll drink one for ya and be certain to talk you up Kevin! See ya!
yeah because you guys are too busy with the tube steaks
SteerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 AM   #9
BBQ Centralite
 
Woodman's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mentor, Oh
Posts: 4,457
Sadly, one of our BBQ Brothers, Paul Taylor , passed away Sunday morning in Cistern ,Texas. Paul was on dialysis for years, and was awaiting a kidney transplant. He had no close family that we knew about, and valued those of us on the Texas BBQ Rub Forum as his family. We believe that he actually skipped a dialysis treatment and that may have contributed, but he knew his days were numbered. He got to spend his last day on earth doing his favorite things: Listening to LSU win a football game, fishing, eating BBQ'd suckling pig, and standing around the firepit jabbing at his brothers. May your canopy never leak, your knives never dull, and your temperatures hold constant Paul! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!! Woody

ps. here is a photo of his last day. He is the one sitting on the dock in camo. One thing we learned from this, if you put together something like this, have everybody give emergency contact info. We were totally at a loss as to who to call.

http://www.peppersandsmoke.com/photo/sh ... ishing.jpg
__________________
"I was born to cook for people"
Woodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM   #10
God O'Que
 
Uncle Bubba's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boardman, Ohio
Posts: 2,689
Everyone should put and ICE(In Case of Emergency) number in their cell phones. First responders are likely to look for these numbers, or so I'm told.
__________________
Uncle Bubba

"I'd rather be dead in my skin than be a fan of a Redskin."
Uncle Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Posts: 14,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman
Sadly, one of our BBQ Brothers, Paul Taylor , passed away Sunday morning in Cistern ,Texas. Paul was on dialysis for years, and was awaiting a kidney transplant. He had no close family that we knew about, and valued those of us on the Texas BBQ Rub Forum as his family. We believe that he actually skipped a dialysis treatment and that may have contributed, but he knew his days were numbered. He got to spend his last day on earth doing his favorite things: Listening to LSU win a football game, fishing, eating BBQ'd suckling pig, and standing around the firepit jabbing at his brothers. May your canopy never leak, your knives never dull, and your temperatures hold constant Paul! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!! Woody

ps. here is a photo of his last day. He is the one sitting on the dock in camo. One thing we learned from this, if you put together something like this, have everybody give emergency contact info. We were totally at a loss as to who to call.

http://www.peppersandsmoke.com/photo/sh ... ishing.jpg
geez Woody, hate to hear that, but you're right, it's good he was so happy when he passed.
__________________
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #12
Graduate of BBQ Central
 
zilla's Avatar


 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Universal City Texas
Posts: 573
It was a sad thing indeed but we had him for his last day and it was a pleasure.
__________________
ZILLA
*****

GIANT BBQ


Zilla's Gator Pit
zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Puff's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Warren, Mi.
Posts: 12,331
Sorry for your loss guys.
Good luck Mr. Woodman
__________________
Pitboss/ Sous Chef/ Manager at Holiday Market Smokehouse
Royal Oak Mi.
Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 PM   #14
Moderator
 
Nick Prochilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 16,367
Sorry to hear that and like others said, at least his last day was a good one.
__________________
I hope this isn't negative!
Nick Prochilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:31 PM   #15
Official BBQ Central Mark
 
Cliff H.'s Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 6,143
Sad news for sure. Very sorry to hear that.
__________________
" Never let a day go by "
Cliff H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #16
BBQ Centralite
 
Kloset BBQR's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 3,150
I was very saddened to hear of Paul's passing but happy to hear of the time and place of his passing and that he was with his barbecue family.

Rest in Peace Paul!
__________________

__________________
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

KCBS member & Certified BBQ Judge

The mission of the Kansas City Barbeque Society is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbecue as a culinary technique, sport and art form.

Sic semper tyrannis!

https://www.impeach-barack-obama.com/

https://theglennbeck912project.com/
Kloset BBQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off







All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×