Organizing new comp in Ohio, need your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Mike said:
I think your power may be an issue, only have 3 outlets that are 20 amp. That won't allow too many teams to hook in. What about the guys with campers and such that require more heavy duty service? I think those things require 30 amp service each don't they?
My unit can get by with a small (18 gauge) cord just to run the inverter to keep the battery charged. Granted I can't run the heat,ac,or microwave. (who the heck needs a microwave) But lights are nice. We get a 100 amp generator when we have a party down at the camp grounds and that's plenty for about 75 folk. Damn coffee makers take about 1000 watts! Put a pot on a burner.

Sounds like a good start to what could be a great contest... Keep us posted on the dates.. Id like to come up and compete..just gotta keep the weekend open dontchya know.

Neil, good luck with the contest but I'd still be worried about having a BBQ contest in an Apple Orchard if I were the owners. Make sure you institute a no axe or chain saw allowed policy! :D

A few questions:

1. Have you lined up any sponsors?
2. What's the prize money going to be?
3. What's the entry fee?
4. Are you going to do all 4 KCBS categories?
5. How many places are you paying out?
6. Are you going to have a desert or anything butt category (helps get the wives involved)

I think adding a kids Q to the event would be a good idea as well.

Good luck with the contest and talk to the people that have organized these contests like Jim and Jim.

I heard rumors that you might be able to pick up a couple of KCBS reps cheap! Just don't let them run the contest!

Back
Top Bottom