Neil, good luck with the contest but I'd still be worried about having a BBQ contest in an Apple Orchard if I were the owners. Make sure you institute a no axe or chain saw allowed policy!
A few questions:
1. Have you lined up any sponsors?
2. What's the prize money going to be?
3. What's the entry fee?
4. Are you going to do all 4 KCBS categories?
5. How many places are you paying out?
6. Are you going to have a desert or anything butt category (helps get the wives involved)
I think adding a kids Q to the event would be a good idea as well.
Good luck with the contest and talk to the people that have organized these contests like Jim and Jim.
I heard rumors that you might be able to pick up a couple of KCBS reps cheap! Just don't let them run the contest!