Operation BBQ For Our Troops Walter Reed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
This was posted on another board. I called Mike up and he does need lots of help in a short period of time. My Side of the Mountain will be there. Anyone else interested?

For those in The washington DC area here is one you can help with.

It's OFFICIAL folks I heard beack from my contact the USO and we are locked in for August 15th, 2007 to feed about 500 Wounded and Staff at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

The plan is to provide BBQ Food, Entertainment and hopefully some Tshirts.

I have a few BBQ guys in email to help with cooking but more is better.

I can use Money.

I can use any supplies.

I can use Dave Klose to make a personal appearance or something "Dave" style.

I have a few entertainers and Redskins football players I am working with including National Country Recording Artist Cleve Francis and Redskins Cornilius Griffen and am looking for more.

We have a great new logo for the event Patrick at bbqlogos.com made for me that we will make shirts and stuff as well.

With just only a month I have to really get on the ball. If you can and want to help just please get in touch with me. Dave I will call you as well as Bill Milroy and a couple others. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks
Mike Hedrick
703-470-6197

Here is a little more info that Mike sent me in a flyer.

We Need Your Support for Our Troops!

My name is Michael Hedrick and my Pit Pirate BBQ Team is working with the USO of Metropolitan Washington DC and "Operation BBQ for Our Troops" to provide an afternoon of down home BBQ for the wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. We are scheduled for Wednesday, August 15th on the grounds of the Hospital where we will bring pull behind Competition BBQ Smokers and cook on site for the Troops. We plan on providing all the food as well as all the logistics and even Entertainment and more.

We really need YOUR support as I have been told the 260 Chairs, Three Tents, Stage and Sound System could be as much as $6,000 and that's not even food yet. I am looking for donations financially as well as Products and Services.

Please Help us because these young men and women have paid such a dear price for what we enjoy everyday and they deserve to be told so face to face while holding a nice plate of American BBQ made with love. What a blessing it will be for them and for us as well.

For More Information please contact

Operation BBQ for Our Troops: Walter Reed
Mike Hedrick
703-470-6197
thehedricks2@comcast.net
2402 Sagamore Court
Lake Ridge, VA 22192

Purpose: "To honor those who protect our freedoms, and their loved ones, with the hospitality of the uniquely American meal of BBQ."

Where: Walter Reed Army Medical Center

When: Wednesday, August 15th, 2007

Who: 500 Wounded Soldiers, Their Family and Care Providers

What: BBQ Food, Entertainment, Supports and LOVE!

If it was on the weekend, I could make it. But the middle of the week is impossible for me.

Tim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom