Oinktoberfest...Good Luck to All & See ya There

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
To all Oinktoberfest competitors:

Good Luck to all of you and I hope we get some calls from the board. This can be a strange contest so I'm not expecting anything except a good time and good conversations...which is what it's really all about anyways. Make sure you stop by and say hello and watch the game(OSU vs Iowa).

I can't wait...went over the list packed what he have..now it's just a little more running tomarrow..and we are ready to go.

We'll just go to Adventures in Heat and take equipment in lieu of payment. George is a good guy. I don't think anyone will have any problems.

I've never been so unprepared for a contest before. Yesterday I catered party for 100 of the sub's and suppliers of the company I work for. My truck is full of dirty BBQ equipment. The pit is a disaster. Today I have an early meeting then I'm off to get ready. We hope to leave by 6PM and arrive between 2-3AM. We look forward to meeting everyone and finishing off our 2006 season.

We'll be down some time late friday looking for free beer..lol

Actually, can't wait to meet everyone swap some lies..

I just bought a waterproof Columbia parka for the weekend! HA! Callin for 30% chance of Lake Effect showers, winds around 15 mph and low around 42 Friday night! Entering my White Bean and Chipotle Salad as a side. Picked up two 8-9 lb flats today for my part. Got some best kosher dogs. Gumbo fixins, rice, taters, eggs, a case of Labatts Blue. Enough cast iron to sink a ship, and a ton of wood all wrapped in a tarp. Going to get a propane refill, ice, cigars, and chicken in a bit. Should be cool! 8)

That might come in handy, thanks for picking it up for me! :LOL: It will be nice Saturday. No worry. I'm off to TB for the KCBS school tonight. see you guys over the weekend. ( if the creek don't rize )

Woodman said:
I just bought a waterproof Columbia parka for the weekend! HA! Callin for 30% chance of Lake Effect showers, winds around 15 mph and low around 42 Friday night! Entering my White Bean and Chipotle Salad as a side. Picked up two 8-9 lb flats today for my part. Got some best kosher dogs. Gumbo fixins, rice, taters, eggs, a case of Labatts Blue. Enough cast iron to sink a ship, and a ton of wood all wrapped in a tarp. Going to get a propane refill, ice, cigars, and chicken in a bit. Should be cool! 8)
Don't forget your little buddy ;)

All right the big day is finally here...after meeting the guys the thing I think I am most excited about is the smell of 40+ pits fired up at once...I LOVE THE SMELL OF HICKORY IN THE MORNING [smilie=rlp_smilie_003.gif] [smilie=drink.gif] [smilie=a_partyguy.gif]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom