Offical FF Trash talking thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Friday morning blizzard

well snow is not an issue here in Ontario this weekend and I assume Buffalo is no better.

Kids are home from school and the amount of food to be cooked this weekend is almost ready. My wife thinks I need to be committed.

Not real cold ( -4 celcius) out but the wind gusts are going to make for a tricky weekend.

wittdog said:
Ok guys this weekends the Frozen Few.Please take the time to familiarize yourselves with the rules -- remember take a series of pics indicating the weather conditions...and submit them along with your official entry to Email photos to

jgdouglas AT comcast DOT net

Please also take a moment to call Smokinlicous they would like to do a pod cast of the Frozen Few event. The idea they have is to schedule each team to call the 800 number at a designated date and time during the event. They would then live record them and edit everyone once complete. Then they could post a "Frozen Few Pod Cast" on their site! They would like to do the interviews on Saturday, February 2nd in the afternoon and on Sunday, February 3rd in the morning. Anyone interested can call this number 800-941-5054 over the next couple of weeks and sign-up for a date/time.
It's a toll free number and smokinlicous has been a gracious sponsor for this event so it would be nice if we as a group could give them something back. Judges feel free to call in as well and the official poster.
Thanks

Ok people remember this is supposed to be a fun winter competition...So let the trash talking begin..and good luck.

I don't know about you, but an edit would be useful. This message may have been posted from another post, but this specific one was posted like a few days before the Q. So how in the hell can i contact Smokilicious in a 'few weeks' to schedule something in a few days? hello??? Please revise the post since it was time sensitive. my two cents. Oh and you all suck. I don't know. I may qualify for FF if TWC is actually right for once, but that requires the estimate to not deviate by 1 degree. Also, my backup is to load the truck full of ice from the last snow that has survived in my neighborhood. I'm guessing that you didn't say we couldn't move it from one street to another, right? you didn't say it had to be powder or packed powder or just crusty old ice blocks. Worst case, i'll borrow the "snow" from Bill's picture of his backyard from a few weeks ago. I think it covered like 10 sq feet or something. :) Yee-haw. bring on the games.

Oh, by the way, what did DivaQ say? I didn't get to see the post. was it really bad. did she drop an F Bomb or something?

WildFireEric said:
wittdog said:
Ok guys this weekends the Frozen Few.Please take the time to familiarize yourselves with the rules -- remember take a series of pics indicating the weather conditions...and submit them along with your official entry to Email photos to

jgdouglas AT comcast DOT net

Please also take a moment to call Smokinlicous they would like to do a pod cast of the Frozen Few event. The idea they have is to schedule each team to call the 800 number at a designated date and time during the event. They would then live record them and edit everyone once complete. Then they could post a "Frozen Few Pod Cast" on their site! They would like to do the interviews on Saturday, February 2nd in the afternoon and on Sunday, February 3rd in the morning. Anyone interested can call this number 800-941-5054 over the next couple of weeks and sign-up for a date/time.
It's a toll free number and smokinlicous has been a gracious sponsor for this event so it would be nice if we as a group could give them something back. Judges feel free to call in as well and the official poster.
Thanks

Ok people remember this is supposed to be a fun winter competition...So let the trash talking begin..and good luck.

I don't know about you, but an edit would be useful. This message may have been posted from another post, but this specific one was posted like a few days before the Q. So how in the hell can i contact Smokilicious in a 'few weeks' to schedule something in a few days? hello??? Please revise the post since it was time sensitive. my two cents. Oh and you all suck. I don't know. I may qualify for FF if TWC is actually right for once, but that requires the estimate to not deviate by 1 degree. Also, my backup is to load the truck full of ice from the last snow that has survived in my neighborhood. I'm guessing that you didn't say we couldn't move it from one street to another, right? you didn't say it had to be powder or packed powder or just crusty old ice blocks. Worst case, i'll borrow the "snow" from Bill's picture of his backyard from a few weeks ago. I think it covered like 10 sq feet or something. :) Yee-haw. bring on the games.

Oh, by the way, what did DivaQ say? I didn't get to see the post. was it really bad. did she drop an F Bomb or something?

You can call Smokinlicous today...once the belly ache goes away.

WildFireEric said:
Oh and you all suck. I don't know. I may qualify for FF if TWC is actually right for once

oh, there he goes again, blaming everyone else, and coming up with reasons of how others may make it impossible for him to compete in a legitimate fashion . . . I honestly don't know about you . . :roll: . . my team mates and I will try to remember to mention your name at the awards ceremony so you at least get that . . . :LOL: . . . but first I have to go and dig my cooker out of the drift of snow, and get my wind shelter erected, put the beer on ice . . . and get the fires going . . . cause today is the day, my friends . . . :D

I just did my interview with Dr. Smoke he said he should be in the office during business hours this weekend…so give him a call even if you didn’t schedule a time.
800-941-5054

Adrienne said:
WildFireEric said:
Oh and you all suck. I don't know. I may qualify for FF if TWC is actually right for once

oh, there he goes again, blaming everyone else, and coming up with reasons of how others may make it impossible for him to compete in a legitimate fashion . . . I honestly don't know about you . . :roll: . . my team mates and I will try to remember to mention your name at the awards ceremony so you at least get that . . . :LOL: . . . but first I have to go and dig my cooker out of the drift of snow, and get my wind shelter erected, put the beer on ice . . . and get the fires going . . . cause today is the day, my friends . . . :D

Thank you for your warm thoughts Adrienne as I suspect that will be better than your food. :) One minor piece of advice: if it's really cold there, you may not wanna damage your cheap beer in the snow. Keep it in the fridge instead. If you are drinking high quality beer or the temps aren't as cold as you lead us to believe, then you should be fine. :eek:
http://www.darylscience.com/Demos/BeerFreeze.html :shock:
Try not to hurt yourself loading your grill.

WildFireEric said:
Adrienne said:
WildFireEric said:

Thank you for your warm thoughts Adrienne as I suspect that will be better than your food. :) One minor piece of advice: if it's really cold there, you may not wanna damage your cheap beer in the snow. Keep it in the fridge instead. If you are drinking high quality beer or the temps aren't as cold as you lead us to believe, then you should be fine. :eek:
http://www.darylscience.com/Demos/BeerFreeze.html :shock:
Try not to hurt yourself loading your grill.

:shock: To even think that I'd drink cheap beer!! :evil:
I am forced to assume that you are not aware that Canadian beer, unlike the beer produced by our lovely neighbors to the south, actually contains alcohol, which makes it tricky to freeze with the minimal exposure to snow that these brown beauties are experiencing . . .

The temperature here is holding at a steady and surprisingly comfortable minus 1

Oh, Danielle - I had my tequila for breakfast, like the good little Q'er that I am ;)

I'm done...picture submitted. Worst cook I've done in my life. Seriously. If this were an actual eating contest I would have been on my way a few hours ago. Everything cooked really fast. The salvageable parts of the brisket were tasty as hell, mind you...salvageable is the key word in that phrase. Butt was tastey and sweet but severely overcooked. Had to throw half of it away. Should have been drinking then at least I would have had an excuse...and been drunk.

I almost killed myself pulling the small Klose out of the garage because it was a freezing mist when I started and my drive has a slight decline at the garage. Lucky I didn't end up on my ass...would have surely craked the driveway. ;)

Here's my "before" shot. That is "before" I knock the snow off the WSM. It's high noon and +5* F, overnight is forecast to be -12*F (-25*C for the Canuks). Definately Arctic Survivor here.

I also just finished my interview with Dr. Smoke. Give him a call at 800-941-5054 to let him know we really appreciate the sponsership.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom