NY KCBS Judging Class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kloset BBQR said:
The Vulcan Mind Meld! When I was in college that was the name of the most potent drink I ever had. A whole beer goblet full of combinations of straight booze. Powerful, potent stuff!

I thought you guys drank bathtub gin and said "23 skidoo!"

Going to meet Uncle Bubba and Kloset tonight at judging class. Will report back later on how it was. Joker (putz) :) didn't sign up soon enough so he's on a waiting list for no shows. It should be fun.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Going to meet Uncle Bubba and Kloset tonight at judging class. Will report back later on how it was. Joker (putz) :) didn't sign up soon enough so he's on a waiting list for no shows. It should be fun.
Yeah, you know the saying.... #-o

Was that before electricity? Never heard of it before. You guys are old.

There not old, just from the "BLACK & WHITE DAYS" :taunt:

Just got back from KCBS judging school. What a great time and it was very educational. I would recommend it to any one. Got to meet Klosit and Uncle Bubba, Poor Joker, There was a empty seat. :-(

Just got back from KCBS judging school. What a great time and it was very educational. I would recommend it to any one. Got to meet Klosit and Uncle Bubba, Poor Joker, There was an empty seat. :-(
They never called.... #-o

There were some things that I didn't know, And a lot of little tips and tricks of what to look for in a turn in box. Any cook would definitely benefit from taking the class.

There were some things that I didn't know, And a lot of little tips and tricks of what to look for in a turn in box. Any cook would definitely benefit from taking the class.

Come on Chris, share the secrets with us please!

One thing was never turn in ribs on there side, Never turn in sliced and pulled pork together, One or the other. Always turn in more than required, Never mix chicken parts in the box. Paint your entry with sauce before putting it in the box. The list goes on and on. We were there for four and a half hours.

Thanks for that link Pappy. Man, I'm kicking myself in the ass this morning for not driving out there last evening!!! #-o #-o

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":eek:otsa4gt]Thanks for that link Pappy. Man, I'm kicking myself in the ass this morning for not driving out there last evening!!! #-o #-o

Stop by, I'll give you a kick in the ass![/quote:eek:otsa4gt] :eek: :eek: :eek: :pop: :pop: :pop:

One thing was never turn in ribs on there side, Never turn in sliced and pulled pork together, One or the other. Always turn in more than required, Never mix chicken parts in the box. Paint your entry with sauce before putting it in the box. The list goes on and on. We were there for four and a half hours.

Interesting, cause we went 38/62 on ours and got 10th out of 61 teams. Maybe we would have got higher without the three on their side?

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.j ... 9105957109

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="The Joker":386kqwnk]Thanks for that link Pappy. Man, I'm kicking myself in the ass this morning for not driving out there last evening!!! #-o #-o

Stop by, I'll give you a kick in the ass![/quote:386kqwnk]

That'll be a long line, you better pack a lunch.

Woodman said:

Interesting, cause we went 38/62 on ours and got 10th out of 61 teams. Maybe we would have got higher without the three on their side?

http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.j ... 9105957109
What kind of score did you get on appearance?

Back
Top Bottom