North East Cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rich Decker

Senior Cook
The organizer for the Lake Placid contest called me in a panic. He doesn't think many teams are going to compete in his contest. The entry fee is $125 and the payout for 4 KCBS categories is $7500. There is a judging school on the second being cooked by yours truly.
http://www.ilbbqf.com/index.php

Rich

Just IMHO, he couldn't have chosen a worse date. I'm not aware of another comp that takes place mid-week. Any teams cooking the prior weekend surely couldn't pack up from one comp and immediately head to the next, well some could, but not the vast majority. Just my 2/100ths.

Bruce B said:
Just IMHO, he couldn't have chosen a worse date. I'm not aware of another comp that takes place mid-week. Any teams cooking the prior weekend surely couldn't pack up from one comp and immediately head to the next, well some could, but not the vast majority. Just my 2/100ths.

That is a pretty dumb day to schedule a BBQ comp.

Boy I was really expecting to get slammed, at least there's another idiot (oh I'm sorry that was suppose to be gentleman) here who agrees with me.

I've been thinking of doing that one but on the web-site it seems like
their having a hard time getting sponsers. The organizer (Tom) emailed
me a few weeks ago and said they would be adding alot more info to the site, but it hasn't happened yet.
I really don't want to send in an entry fee and then have a cancelation.
You can count me in IF they are definately going to go through with it. If the time permits I might also be interested in the judging class.

It would be a great place to have a cook-off with all that goes on in Lake Placid on the 4th. Maybe you can get the organizers to dress up the Web-site some.

I agree that the date is probably the worst they could probably come up with. I guess they have a big 4th celebration and wanted the BBQ comp to be a big part of it. I wasn't going to cook back to back this year but it looks like I'm cooking 4 weekends in July.

The payoff ,compared to the entry fee, is one of the best in the North East. I think they have plenty of sponsors, the cash is guaranteed.

I know that some good New England teams are coming including iQue, 2nd place pork at 2005 Jack Daniels and Team Agave , !st ribs at 2005 Jack Daniels.

Rich

If the 4th was on a Monday it'd be a great date! This date means you have to take that extra day off! Duh!

Back
Top Bottom