new holland judging class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took the one in NOVA a couple years back. I got what I thought out of it. I think that anyone who competes should attend one.

Screamin Nite Hog said:
Wife and I are attending the one in Shelby, NC on January 27th. I am hoping it will help us in our competition cooking and also allow us to get to few more comps. as judges

Great, as many walks as you get now your going to be unstoppable when you become a judge. ;)

Certified yes, certifiable yes. Ever judge, nope. Not realy interested. I am still having too much fun competing.

I took the judging class in New Holland in 2002. You will learn a bunch about comp cooking but nothing can replace the time you spend in the judging tent. I've judged around 15 contests and try to table captain every season. Last year I judged backyard ribs at Bel Air and captained at New Paltz. Once you take the class and are a KCBS member you can take the class again as much as you want. I've also helped cook for a couple and was the cook for Lake Placid last year. Good luck

Some day I may judge. Infact, I am going to try to make it up to Oinktober fest this year as a spectator. May just offer my services there.

I might do it if there are not any age restriction for thaking the class. I know that you need to be 16 to judge but do any of you guys know how old you need to be to judge?

Chris

Any new judges looking to put that training to use, check out Grillin on The Bay - March 31st in Brookyn NY. While it's not a KCBS event, it is NEBS and we follow KCBS judging rules and procedures. Certified judges get first preference.

http://grillinonthebay.org

Brian will probaly be seeing you there. I sent away for the appiclation a few days ago.

Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom