Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woodman said:
Yeah, they are going to refund the fee but thanks for the offer!

Not a problem, got my application this morning. Hey what's with Michigan not having any electricity for the event?

Bruce? What's the deal?

Finney said:
Kloset BBQR said:
Woodman said:

Not a problem, got my application this morning. Hey what's with Michigan not having any electricity for the event?

Bruce? What's the deal?
Why should they give you something that half the population doesn't have. :lmao:
I got's no light's in my crib, but my shoe's light up :(

Kloset BBQR said:
Woodman said:

Bruce? What's the deal?

First I've heard of it, let me get a hold of Ford Alyson he lives out that way he can do some checking and let me know. I'll get back with you.

Kloset, they didn't have it last year either. We used Woody's lantern. You are going to need an extra battery or two. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea because storms that time of the year could knock the power out and you'd have no rotisserie. Food for thought.

Uncle Bubba said:
Kloset, they didn't have it last year either. We used Woody's lantern. You are going to need an extra battery or two. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea because storms that time of the year could knock the power out and you'd have no rotisserie. Food for thought.

Yeah I remember it well. I've got a backup battery for the rotisserie built into the cooker (will run approximately 6 hours). Probably makes sense to get a generator I guess but it kind of sucks to pay for a generator just for that comp. All the others we were in last year had electric access but Michigan.

If you and Bubba recall, we were in the middle of a baseball diamond with about 500,000 watts of lights pouring down on us! There was enough ambient light for anything you would need to do! Oh wait, my bad. How could you two remember anything.....you were asleep! #-o #-o

Yeah I remember, but I didn't get any sleep with those as*h*les next to us trying to hit on the local whore all the time with the guys wife sleeiping in that RV.

Those baseball lights wont' help power my rottiserie though!

Uncle Bubba said:

They did have generator power in the area of the tennis courts where many of the bigger motor homes were parked. I think you were better off without it though because the generators were huge and real loud.

Your right Bruce they did have those huge generators. Were those provided by the contest or was that Ford's.

I noticed in this years application they specify that anyone using generator's must use quiet generators.

Will you be there this year?

How about Moe? Will he be making his tradional Saturday 8 am appearance? :grin:

Woodman said:
If you and Bubba recall, we were in the middle of a baseball diamond with about 500,000 watts of lights pouring down on us! There was enough ambient light for anything you would need to do! Oh wait, my bad. How could you two remember anything.....you were asleep! #-o #-o

Sleep Schmeep!!!

You are probably correct. I didn't remember hearing about you having to use a flashlight to see to get the fire relit. Good thing you were awake. I thought that was Michigan where we used the lantern...was that Nelsonville or Rempe's? By the way, I bought string lights for this year like we talked about. If there's no electricty we'll plug into Kloset's generator. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Kloset BBQR said:
Your right Bruce they did have those huge generators. Were those provided by the contest or was that Ford's.

I noticed in this years application they specify that anyone using generator's must use quiet generators.

Will you be there this year?

How about Moe? Will he be making his tradional Saturday 8 am appearance? :grin:

Those generators were provided by the comp organizers or the sponsors.

Good old Big Moe, that man can cook fast can't he?

I'll probably be there and at Cabela's in Dundee.

Back
Top Bottom