Madison Ribberfest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey how about trying to get him to do a podcast with you and if you can convince him to make an exception and make 5 this year you can pick it up.

I'll live up to my committment, if you'll live up to your earlier commitment. It's kind of like being an agent isn't it? :D

I bet it would be an interesting podcast though!

I'll PM his phone number and email to you.

When I do you can consider yourself the new owner of a previously owned Klose pit with very low mileage. :D

6.gif

Rolling Smoke said:
http://www.madisonribberfest[/url].

I'll be there around noon on Thursday. Should have my usual spot on the NW corner of Vaughn and Elm in front of the Lanier Mansion. Stop by and see me Dallas.[/quote:20fsx23l]

Jim,

With any luck we should be pulling in around the same time. I look forward to meeting you and I'm definitely looking forward to competing in your Dayton contest next year as well.

Dallas

Yes there is a team using the name Double D. I think they're from the Minnesota area. I've got the name Double D's BBQ protected legally and also have registered informally on the BBQ forum.

It's a little confusing but we've never run into the team to date. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned.

Dallas

Kloset BBQR said:
Hey how about trying to get him to do a podcast with you

Just talked with Jamie...we will be doing a podcast VERY soon!! I can smell the wood burning in my backyard as we speak!! :LOL: [/i]

Fantastic Greg. How soon? Will this be one of those audience participation
type interviews or should we just submit our questions to you (already did that BTW). :D

I'll even throw in that charcoal basket as well when you pick it up!

Kloset BBQR said:
Fantastic Greg. How soon? Will this be one of those audience participation
type interviews or should we just submit our questions to you (already did that BTW). :D

I'll even throw in that charcoal basket as well when you pick it up!

You can't call in to the show and beg him on the air to build your pit....have some dignity and self respect man. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Greg, where you planning on putting the new pit? If you are going to be lifting it at all you better make sure you have at least 2-3 other people to help you...especially on the firebox side. Additionally, if you are putting it on your porch(where else? ;) ) make sure you reinforce the area to handle the load. These pits are very heavy and regular decking may get damaged over time. I'd put a piece of 3/8" plate about 8"x24" under both sets of casters to help distribute the weight across a bigger area. Just trying to help you out...BOY.

Also, the fireboxes get ungodly hot so watch around the kids. I will send you a link to some hot gloves that are fantastic for working in and around the fire. You can hold a burning log for a few minutes before you even start to feel any warmth. They are THE BEST!!!!!

Uncle Bubba said:
Greg, where you planning on putting the new pit? If you are going to be lifting it at all you better make sure you have at least 2-3 other people to help you...especially on the firebox side. Additionally, if you are putting it on your porch(where else? ;) ) make sure you reinforce the area to handle the load. These pits are very heavy and regular decking may get damaged over time. I'd put a piece of 3/8" plate about 8"x24" under both sets of casters to help distribute the weight across a bigger area. Just trying to help you out...BOY.

Also, the fireboxes get ungodly hot so watch around the kids. I will send you a link to some hot gloves that are fantastic for working in and around the fire. You can hold a burning log for a few minutes before you even start to feel any warmth. They are THE BEST!!!!!

Bubba, its going to go on the other side of the house...there is a very nice concrete pad already laid from a previous shed that I tore down. Looks like the perfect place for it...kids don't play on that side of the house and I have the access fenced off as well. I'll snap a shot of it later...

You guys are getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you?

#5 on waiting list = 2 year wait

Unless you know something I don't know Greg! I'm hoping!

Kloset BBQR said:
You guys are getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't you?

#5 on waiting list = 2 year wait

Unless you know something I don't know Greg! I'm hoping!

OH OH.....I detect a little wavering, some second thoughts, some wiggle, some "what have I done", some, well you get the idea. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Kloset, you said when he puts you in the production schedule I can pick it up...I don't plan on letting you down...or me for that matter...

Here is the Klose's new pad just waiting for her...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom