Lake Placid ~ KCBS Sanctioned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just found this on another site and thought I'd share it here for those in the North East (and beyond)..

A KCBS contest going to be held in Lake Placid, NY July 3 and 4th. It will be on the Olympic grounds and promises to be a nice event. There is going to be a CBJ class on July 2 as well.

Below is the contact info:

Lake Placid's I Love BBQ
Contact: Thomas Costello, 34 Iroquois Lane, Lake Placid, NY 12946
Phone: 518-525-4136 Fax: 518-523-9818
E-mail: tomLP247@yahoo.com
KCBS Reps: Jerry Mullane, Linda Mullane

I heard about this from Linda Mullane this week. Looks like a busy July.

7/3-7/4 Lake Placid NY
7/7-7/8 Asbury Park NJ
7/14-7/15 Wildwood NJ
7/22-7/23 Windser VT

And I didn't want to cook back to back weekends this season...

Rich

Well, I'm all signed up & ready to cook this one :grin:
Anyone else from this board cookin' or taking the judging class???
Havn't seen much talk on any of the boards about this yet.

I love Lake Placid in the summer. As a matter of fact I love Lake Pacid anytime of year. I wish I could go.

ETA: FYI Just West then North of Lake Placid is a very nice, small state camp ground on Fish Lake. Very clean, quiet remote place.

oompappy said:
Well, I'm all signed up & ready to cook this one :grin:
Anyone else from this board cookin' or taking the judging class???
Havn't seen much talk on any of the boards about this yet.

I.m cooking the contest and cooking for the judging class. I should get over around 6PM on the first to set up for the class.

Here is a press release for the contest, I was interviewed last week. I don't remember saying what I was quoted, some was language that I wouldn't use.

Barbeque Festivals Lip Smackin’ Good and Fun

The Lake Placid Olympic speedskating oval and the village of Lake Placid will be filled with the savory aroma of wood smoke and barbeque when barbeque teams from around the country come to Lake Placid, N.Y. to compete in the inaugural Lake Placid, NY—I Love Barbeque Festival (ILBBQF), July 3 and 4. Gates open each day at 10 a.m. and admission is $5.00 and children under 12 free.

The art of the barbeque is believed to have originated in the Caribbean where Indians used gratings of wood over a slow fire to cook their meat. It’s thought that the American barbeque began in the late-1880’s, during Western cattle drives, when cowboys began cooking tough and stringy meat like brisket, beef ribs, venison and even goat, for five to seven hours to tenderize it.

Barbequing has come a long way since its early days and is now thought to be summer’s right of passage. Three out of every four American homes own a grill, either gas or charcoal.

“I think that people are getting back to their roots, and this seems to be an extension of that,â€

Grill Kings elmont ny (long island) July 15 & 16 I will be competing and taking the title away from Dr BBQ Ray Lampe

Would love to join you up there Rich - but a little to far for a mid-week cook and the money just ain't there for another contest.

Found me some interesting accomidations for the night before the comp.
They've got some guest cabins and it's only 3 miles from Lake Placid.
The owner won't be competeing because that weekend is his busiest of
the year.

The cook-off site will be in the lower right area of this photo...

oompappy said:
the year.

The accomidations are pretty cool. Nice senic area for the cook off sounds like a good time.

wittdog said:
oompappy said:
the year.

The accomidations are pretty cool. Nice senic area for the cook off sounds like a good time.
Yeah and when pappy gets back, I hope to see much better pics! :(

The Joker said:
wittdog said:
oompappy said:
the year.

Yeah and when pappy gets back, I hope to see much better pics! :(
and a week after that I will too :D

A week? What's happening a week after Lake Placid? Or is it gonna take that long to upload your pics using dial-up?? :razz: :razz:

The Joker said:
A week? What's happening a week after Lake Placid? Or is it gonna take that long to upload your pics using dial-up?? :razz: :razz:
Yeah about a week to see the pics with the dial up. But I'm not as old as you so I don't need the bigger pics. I can make the smaller ones out just fine bet you had to put your cheaters on to read this :razz:

wittdog said:
The Joker said:
Yeah about a week to see the pics with the dial up. But I'm not as old as you so I don't need the bigger pics. I can make the smaller ones out just fine bet you had to put your cheaters on to read this :razz:
Speak up ~ I can't hear you!

Back
Top Bottom