Kings Mountain NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big Ugly's BBQ said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":b1385sxo]Sounds good to me. I'll try to find some Tri Tip. ;)

Cut 'em up some Pineapple and sprinkle it with that powder I sent you. Makes for a great dessert![/quote:b1385sxo]

Great idea. Thanks BU.

I didnt get a chance to make any of the contests down south, besides Shelby last year, how is the set up at this event? Crowd size, any good, bad, or, indifferent views would be appreciated....not looking to change my mind, just to have an idea of how everyones experiences has been....

Thanks

U2CANQUE said:
I didnt get a chance to make any of the contests down south, besides Shelby last year, how is the set up at this event? Crowd size, any good, bad, or, indifferent views would be appreciated....not looking to change my mind, just to have an idea of how everyones experiences has been....

Thanks

I think its a great venu. The Fire Department does a bang up job making everything move along smoothly. The towns people are also real involved. Good size crouds and vendors around the outer edges.

http://s541.photobucket.com/albums/gg39 ... tain%20NC/

updated list for friday night pot luck......
Tommy and Bub-Ba-Q have also confirmed that they are interested in participating in the pot luck.....I dont have a lot of the "southern" teams e-mail addresses, but, contacted them....

Screamin Nite Hog said:
bige1 said:
Here is the team list so far as of 3/23/09
Smokey Mountain Boys
Carolina BBQ
G B BBQ
Smoky Mountain Smokers
B.S. Pitmeisters
Bubba and Sons
Two Old Men and a Grill
Bobba's Back Yard BBQ
Bub-Ba-Q
Sue E. Pig
Checkered Pig
Bear Creek Cookers
Butts and Breastts
Screamin Nite Hog BBQ
Them Ohio City Boys
My Side of the Mountain Barbeque
Pappa Smoke
Bite Me BBQ
Big E BBQ
Big Mo and the AHO BBQ
Smoke This
On the Spot BBQ Tarheel Smokers
Guilty Pig BBQ Team
Lazy Bones BBQ
B4BBQ
Triple J BBQ
Pickin Porkers
Kings Cooking
Smiling EDS BBQ

FINNEY!!!!!!!!!!! Where are you at?

I sent it in... they just haven't updated the site yet. ;)
Or maybe they don't want me. :roll:

I even said I wanted to set up next to you guys. :twisted:

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I will miis not being there, first time since 2004. Finney I was 1st in chicken there last year ;)

Good luck guys........seems I used to be part of one of these teams but wasn't asked to go to this event....... :cry:

Larry Wolfe said:
Good luck guys........seems I used to be part of one of these teams but wasn't asked to go to this event....... :cry:

Hell Larry, you wont even come to a contest 40 miles from you. :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:

Last year you told me it was too far away for you to do it.
Then towards fall last year you said you probably weren't gonna do any comps... or maybe just Smoke on the Beach.

Kings Mtn

WOW...what great weather for a BBQ contest...great talking to everyone last night...good luck today!

Back
Top Bottom