KCBS Comps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WalterSC said:
porkerfacebbq said:
When competeing in KCBS comps I usually take 1 brisket, 2 pork buts, 4 racks of ribs, and 2 big packs of chickens. I saw the post about the garnish and trust me do it. Hope this helps.

Stephen Lupe
Pitmaster
Porker Face BBQ

Ok I went to a event this past weekend as a lookie loo , no cooking or judging. I got to watch a team do garnish using just parsley , and I think I got the general idea, thanks for every ones help on this , I can always count on great adivce from everyone here!!! They only put the parsley around the outside edeges and filled the box with brisket, I got take some of that home with me as well !!

I'd recomend putting garnish across the whole bottom of the box. Not just around the outside. To bad you cant see their presentation scores.

dollarbill said:
WalterSC said:
porkerfacebbq said:
When competeing in KCBS comps I usually take 1 brisket, 2 pork buts, 4 racks of ribs, and 2 big packs of chickens. I saw the post about the garnish and trust me do it. Hope this helps.

Stephen Lupe
Pitmaster
Porker Face BBQ

Ok I went to a event this past weekend as a lookie loo , no cooking or judging. I got to watch a team do garnish using just parsley , and I think I got the general idea, thanks for every ones help on this , I can always count on great adivce from everyone here!!! They only put the parsley around the outside edeges and filled the box with brisket, I got take some of that home with me as well !!

I'd recomend putting garnish across the whole bottom of the box. Not just around the outside. To bad you cant see their presentation scores.

Yea thats true but this ole dog got taught a whole new trick by watching , every organization has different rules of presentation I guess . In KCBS it Garnish , in the South Carolina BBQ Association its no garnish and a loaded plate of nothing but BBQ turn in. But I am more than willing to learn new techniques.

Back
Top Bottom