Jack Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I'll give a full report tomarrow..but here is my pics..

I’ll start at the beginning and apologize now….this is going to be a long one so pour yourself a cold one and sit back. The trip to the Jack started with my wife coming home after a bad day at work and wanting to go. So after a couple of phone calls my In Laws offered to take the kids for the next 4 days. Big Thanks to them this trip wouldn’t have been as great if I couldn’t share it with my wife. After a quick call to Bruce to let him know and a call from Bubba he couldn’t find Jack quality lettuce in the whole state of Ohio it was off to bed for me (4.5hrs of sleep) and my wife was off to drop the kids off and find some Jack quality lettuce.
Up at 10 shower eat finishing packing and on the road to meet Bruce in MI. We couldn’t go thru Canada because of some meat, fixing for the DAL ABTs and a few bottles of Jack. Six hours later a stop in every state to mark my territory we pull up (On time) and Bruce is in front of his house waiting. Let the ball busting begin (and it didn’t stop all weekend long). A quick side trip to pick up Gary Bruce’s brother (who was treated like us right away…the abuse started for him the minute we pulled up). We got Gary loaded up and stopped for breakfast where not only did I get to meet Puff but he treated for breakfast…I don’t know why he went out the back door, or why that waitress was trying to wave us back (maybe he forgot his change?)….but I guess that’s another story.
On the road to the Jack 9 hours of ball busting and laughs…..Wifey was a little bummed Bruce didn’t let her drive but at his age he can only handle so much excitement. Pull into the hotel promptly crack a few adult beverages in the parking lot. Drop off some stuff and it was off to the other hotel we Lynn and my self were staying….few more pops and off to Thee Jack Baby. Down a country road and a left turn and “Oh my God We are at the Jackâ€

SteerCrazy said:
great pics Dave, looks like you got some pics in with Paul Kirk as well

Uncle Bubba had to slip Kirk $50 to get those shots with WittDog, and even then he said not touching (arm around, etc.) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

very cool.

I must say i was cracking right up seeing that picture of Uncle Bubba under the "Mellowing sign"

Greg Rempe said:
Paragraphs...look in to the use of them! ;)
There were when I typed the dam thing in a word program..I lost them when I cut and paste it :twisted:
Bubba is the one mellowing...I'm still a................
Thanks for the kind words Greg.....

Diva Q said:
very cool.

I must say i was cracking right up seeing that picture of Uncle Bubba under the "Mellowing sign"
I was going to comment about that too, but I figure I don't know him quite well enough yet ... ;)

--John 8)
(He might give me that look. :shock: )

Cliff H. said:
Boy Dave,

You met a lot of bbq giants. What advice was Mike Mills giving you in that one pic ? He looked real serious. :LOL:

I think I heard Mike tell Dave not to put too much sugar in the lemonade :shock: lol

Great narrative, Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom