Humble Cookoff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla

Sous Chef
It's been a looooooog time since I stayed up for 40 hours straight. We drove in from Houston this afternoon and shortly thereafter I fell asleep. I just woke up from a little snooze. Ahhhh.... yep the first comp was a whole lot of fun. There were 113 teams, Crapshoot BBQ hit 7th in chicken and 9th in brisket. 7th through 10th paid $125.00 so we covered some expenses there. I had a great time and now I'm going back to bed. ;)

There is a lot to be said for joining an existing team with winning recipes. :LOL: Makes you look good overnight. ;) All the credit goes to Texana and BBQ Doug. I'll tell you what though, when they decided to take me on as a team member they made me an equal partner, quality guys those two.

zilla said:
There is a lot to be said for joining an existing team with winning recipes. :LOL: Makes you look good overnight. ;) All the credit goes to Texana and BBQ Doug. I'll tell you what though, when they decided to take me on as a team member they made me an equal partner, quality guys those two.

I have to echo those same comments about Woodman and Uncle Bubba, treated me as an equal member right from the start. Even though I think Woody gets more sleep. :LOL: :LOL:

zilla said:
It's been a looooooog time since I stayed up for 40 hours straight. We drove in from Houston this afternoon and shortly thereafter I fell asleep. I just woke up from a little snooze. Ahhhh.... yep the first comp was a whole lot of fun. There were 113 teams, Crapshoot BBQ hit 7th in chicken and 9th in brisket. 7th through 10th paid $125.00 so we covered some expenses there. I had a great time and now I'm going back to bed. ;)

Sorry for the late posting but congrats on those finishes I hope I do half that good on May 4 and th in North Augusta at our first comp. The team has decided to do just buts instead of doing ribs as well.

Back
Top Bottom