Gearing up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Just finished making all my rubs and sauces for my first comp this weekend. It's being held at the Atlantic City horse track. The promoter left a message on my phone welcoming us. He said "take all the room you need, just use all you take". Cool.
Somebody said Bobby Flay may be there.
If not too tired Sat night, we will take a limo that's available to the board walk and hang out.
Looking forward to see how I stack up against other teams. It could be a loooog ride home. :LOL: :LOL:

Bubba I wish we could see Rag at turn in time...I wonder if he'll put to use what we taught him :LOL:
Barb will probably kick his ass :LOL:

wittdog said:
Bubba I wish we could see Rag at turn in time...I wonder if he'll put to use what we taught him :LOL:
Barb will probably kick his ass :LOL:

I gave him a great deal of advice/tips via PM's. He'll be okay. I expect him to do well.

Ah, what times turn-in????
Can you turn in all 4 at once???
I told Barb that I don't need a blocker.....I'll wear a thong :shock:

Good luck Rag! Take a bag of the sausage and manchego cheese you shared with me at Salisbury, it brings good luck! :LOL:

My first comp is behind me now. I'm not sure of all the results yet. They called out the top 10 in each category, but no score sheets for the teams.
We got a call for 8th in Brisket and 7th in ribs. This means chicken and pulled pork is somewhere beyond 10th.
Although it's nice to collect a ribbon(s), this is mid-pack when only 17 teams compete.
We knew two other teams there, 3 eyz BBQ and Fat Angel, and one is GC and the other RGC. At least I hang with heavy company. :LOL:

I had all my dish antennas out to get good reception (1st pic)

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/ACpics/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom