Frozen Few...Who's cooking what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
I haven't decided yet but I'll probably do chicken...only takes 5 minutes to prep and 20 to cook..This is different than chicken I'd turn in in that turned in chicken requires 4 hours prep(ask Witt) and 2 hours to cook.

Your comp chicken is better discribed as fondled. :LOL: You probably had dates that didn't get touched that much. :shock:
I'm going to be a man and cook a brisket (long cook in cold weather). No girlie cook for me.
I just tell Barb when another log or two are needed. I love that Guru.

Rag said:
Your comp chicken is better discribed as fondled. :LOL: You probably had dates that didn't get touched that much. :shock:
I'm going to be a man and cook a brisket (long cook in cold weather). No girlie cook for me.

WTF..."no girlie cook for you"... but you'll make your wife do all the work???? If Barb is gonna be tending the fire.......oh nevermind
baffling...purely baffling ;) :LOL:

Uncle Bubba said:
I haven't decided yet but I'll probably do chicken...only takes 5 minutes to prep and 20 to cook..This is different than chicken I'd turn in in that turned in chicken requires 4 hours prep(ask Witt) and 2 hours to cook.
4 Hrs prep..more like 16 hrs all told..right Bruce?
and Rag...I won't even say anything about the guru.......

Two turkeys, nine racks of loin back ribs, two substantial meat loaves, Bill's Surprise Potatoes, and baked beans. I am cooking for about 25 folks. I'll be honest, I don't know how much "participation" I'll be able to contribute as I'll be pretty busy all day! I just wanted the T-shirt! ;)

Smokey_Joe said:
Rag said:

WTF..."no girlie cook for you"... but you'll make your wife do all the work???? If Barb is gonna be tending the fire.......oh nevermind
baffling...purely baffling ;) :LOL:

Ha...it takes a real man to get his woman out into the cold to fire the cooker. :LOL: :LOL: 8)

We'll cook a brisket, a couple of shoulders, some ribs, some cakes of some sort, some veg, maybe some potatoes . . :roll: . . depends on what I feel like eating, to be honest. Maybe toss on a chicken, or two . . . We're trying to leave our options open, with the exception of the brisket and shoulders :D Another deciding factor will be what time we have to call in for the Smokinlicious Podcast. Don't wanna be on nap time when chat time is booked . . . :oops:

A few oompappy salamis, a few fatties and some babybacks. I've got one soppresata left thats also going to the firehouse and somebody down there is suppose to bring a deep fryer and some wings.

this weekend

Brisket, New Yorker, 6 racks of ribs and beans.

we are suppose to get a big snow storm Friday so it is going to be interesting.

good luck to all

Tim

Re: this weekend

pressuretreatedsmoker said:
we are suppose to get a big snow storm Friday so it is going to be interesting.

good luck to all

Tim

the big storm is here and we are doing our cook tonight:

from: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index. ... xeyealerts

Winter storm warning for: Barrie - Orillia - Midland

Issued at 11:03 AM EST FRIDAY 1 FEBRUARY 2008
SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES IS EXPECTED ACROSS ALL OF SOUTHERN AND EASTERN ONTARIO WITH SOME FREEZING RAIN AND ICE PELLETS JUST NORTH OF LAKES ERIE AND ONTARIO. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.
AN INTENSIFYING LOW PRESSURE AREA OVER OHIO AT THIS TIME IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE ITS TRACK NORTHEASTWARD. HEAVY SNOW AND LOCAL BLOWING SNOW ASSOCIATED WITH THIS STORM HAS PUSHED ALL THE WAY TO THE QUEBEC BORDER AND FREEZING RAIN AND ICE PELLETS OVER AREAS JUST NORTH OF EASTERN LAKE ERIE IS EXPANDING NORTHEASTWARD TOWARDS THE NORTHERN SHORES OF LAKE ONTARIO AND THE ST LAWRENCE RIVER. OVER SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO SNOWFALL HAS TAPERED OFF FOR NOW AFTER 5 TO 10 CENTIMETRES. HOWEVER ANOTHER PERIOD OF HEAVIER SNOW WILL MOVE BACK IN FROM THE WEST LATER THIS AFTERNOON AND COULD GIVE ANOTHER 5 CENTIMETRES. INDICATIONS SHOW THE STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS FROM A CORRIDOR FROM BANCROFT TO OTTAWA COULD APPROACH 25 CENTIMETRES. THE CORRIDOR FROM BARRIE TO PETAWAWA WILL SEE PRECIPITATION MAINLY FALL AS SNOW WITH AMOUNTS NEAR 20 CENTIMETRES. ICE PELLETS AND FREEZING RAIN MAY ALSO BE AN ISSUE TO CONTEND WITH GENERALLY IN REGIONS NEAR AND SOUTHEAST OF HIGHWAY 401. THIS STORM WILL HAVE HIGH IMPACTS ON MANY SECTORS WITH HEAVY SNOW FALL FREEZING RAIN AND REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN BLOWING SNOW. FREEZING RAIN COULD BRING DOWN TREE BRANCHES AND POWER LINES. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

Here's my forecast......Brrrr. Better set out an extra bag of Kingsford.

Anchorage - Alaska 5-Day Forecast Fri Sat Sun Mon Tue
Friday
Sunny
Hi -13° C / 9° F
Lo -20° C / -4° F

Saturday
Sunny
Hi -13° C / 9° F
Lo -21° C / -6° F

Sunday
Sunny
Hi -15° C / 5° F
Lo -23° C / -9° F

Monday
Sunny
Hi -14° C / 7° F
Lo -25° C / -13° F
Updated Fri, February 1, 2008 (0500 GMT)

Today
Feb 1 Rain / Thunder
50°/30° 90%
50°F

Get the Gameday Forecast
Sat
Feb 2 Mostly Sunny
56°/32° 10%
56°F

Sun
Feb 3 Partly Cloudy
58°/36° 10%
58°F

Mon
Feb 4 Mostly Cloudy
57°/44° 10%
57°F

Get Tips for Driving in the Rain

DivaQ is cooking tonight.

Vlado

trust me I look outside and we are getting dumped on. from past experiece of cooking near you and your team I know very well that you are cooking tonight. this is why I will be cooking tomorrow night under a beautiful moon lite night with zero chances of precipitation and -1 out.

you guys should document these events so you could write a book later on. not that anyone would ever believe someone could have such luck. I will always be there to convince the non believers otherwise.

you guys need to change the name from DivaQ to EeyoreQ

good luck on the weekend

Tim

Griff said:
Here's my forecast......Brrrr. Better set out an extra bag of Kingsford.
That's really grim. :shock: Kind of a long cold spell for ANC, isn't it?

--John
(Jody and I are planning a ride tomorrow. Maybe I'll do a rack of ribs Sunday, just to be in the spirit of things.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom