Frozen Few Official Entries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW I belive Helen is out of town this weekend..and with so many fine entrys it might take a while for the juding to take place.

As beardjp's post suggests, the officials have huddled and decided to ask those who submitted multiple food pics to choose the one they want to represent their cook in the judging. I will be making changes in the webshots album as I get the responses.

--John

A long cook is a long cook(brisket, butts) and everything else is a short cook. I asked the question beforehand if you could put multiple types of food on the same plate as long as they were the same category...ie length of cook. the response was "yes".

Uncle Bubba said:
A long cook is a long cook(brisket, butts) and everything else is a short cook. I asked the question beforehand if you could put multiple types of food on the same plate as long as they were the same category...ie length of cook. the response was "yes".
I should have said "multiple pics" instead of "multiple food pics." Food pics as opposed to weather pics. The answer to your question, is it permissible to have more than one kind of meat in the same picture, is still yes.

--John

Okay. The competitors who submitted multiple photos have chosen* their "official entries" and the judges can start the judging. We, Wittdog, Griff and I, apologize for the confusion.

Entries are here.

Remember, after you click on the thumbnail, you can see a larger version by clicking on the + magnifying glass below the picture, and in most cases you can see an even larger version by clicking with the (+) cursor on the spot you want to enlarge.

Several entries don't have a separate weather shot with them but show snow in the food shot. One of them is kind of subtle.

Some tough calls for the judges!

--John
(* One competitor didn't get back to me yet, but the choice was clearly evident. So I made an executive decision, even though I'm only staff. :oops: )

Unity said:
Okay. The competitors who submitted multiple photos have chosen* their "official entries" and the judges can start the judging. We, Wittdog, Griff and I, apologize for the confusion.

Entries are here.

Remember, after you click on the thumbnail, you can see a larger version by clicking on the + magnifying glass below the picture, and in most cases you can see an even larger version by clicking with the (+) cursor on the spot you want to enlarge.

Several entries don't have a separate weather shot with them but show snow in the food shot. One of them is kind of subtle.

Some tough calls for the judges!

--John
(* One competitor didn't get back to me yet, but the choice was clearly evident. So I made an executive decision, even though I'm only staff. :oops: )

Sorry about the confusion but what do you guys expect from a Lawyer, a retired gov worker, and a Union steel worker :LOL: Its amazing anything got done. 8)

Good luck to everyone and a special thanks to Unity and Griff for all there hard work to get this thing going.

I join with wittdog and Unity in apologizing for the confusing rules posting. Hey, it was our first attempt at this. Thanks for tolerating the confusion and persevering in the cold. As I have told others privately, I was totally blown away by the quality of the entries. Thanks to witt and Unity, and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

Well i just want to say thank you from all of us here we had fun and was a good practice run for us.

I am looking forward to next year already :)

Captain Morgan said:
soon as Helen gets back we'll get to work...which pics are in which
categories?

I think the contestants should PM Unity & tell them what catogory they want their photos to be entered into

Back
Top Bottom