Frozen Few ? ? ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now you southern guys should be dreaming up a summer contest that only somebody with 100*+ temps or a heat index of ? could win the grand prize! I mean whats fair is fair!

I'd like to take Unity's place as a judge if he can't do it.
I feel for the brother. Must be tough.

Puff said:

Paul, thank you for the offer. I've been in touch with Unity and he would enjoy remaining the official reposter. He has been my buddy since the middle 60's but every now and then he throws me an unexpected curve. After crazy drinking, making homebrew beer make when the Feds had a law against it, and other things that need no mention in a public forum (although the statute of limitations has long since run), he up and quit drinking. He also quit tobacco, but I did that as well. Now, he's mostly foresaken red meat. I fear he's lived too long on the east coast. Oh well, we all change as we age but, in spite of the wierd changes, he's been my best friend for 40+ years.

Griff said:
Puff said:

Paul, thank you for the offer. I've been in touch with Unity and he would enjoy remaining the official reposter. He has been my buddy since the middle 60's but every now and then he throws me an unexpected curve. After crazy drinking, making homebrew beer make when the Feds had a law against it, and other things that need no mention in a public forum (although the statute of limitations has long since run), he up and quit drinking. He also quit tobacco, but I did that as well. Now, he's mostly foresaken red meat. I fear he's lived too long on the east coast. Oh well, we all change as we age but, in spite of the wierd changes, he's been my best friend for 40+ years.
It must have been a bitch living during Prohibition. :twisted: :shock: :LOL:
Every now and then you guys remind me how old you are :D

Griff said:
Puff said:

No problem amigo. Man I'll bet a night sitting down with you guys listening to the stories you have would be something!
Glad John will be back on board.

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff and myself will judge the "Frying Few"

Wittdog, your just a "young whippersnapper"!

The "Frying Few" should have a category for frying one's liver with cheap beer while cooking. :mrgreen:

Was somebody talking about me? like about being an old fart who doesn't know how to have a good time? I may be old, but I still remember good times. Sigh.

Hey, I've missed you guys. I'll be glad to repeat my role as re-poster for the Third Annual Frozen Few. (We must not let a fine bbq tradition fade away!)

The rules that Dave posted show my email. Within 2 days of the close of competition, send me pics that document your cook and the qualifying temperature and/or snow, and I'll send them to our fine panel of judges without any indication of whose work it is. At the same time I'll post the entries so everybody can see them.

Have a good comp, everybody!

--John
(After the fine cooking, creativity, and artistry of the first two years, I can't wait to see what we get this year! :D )

Back
Top Bottom