Frozen Few

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are looking for others, I would love to do it.

My ideas would be

no pellet smokers
no guru's
nothing that can be set and forget it.
no cooking under protection. if it snows than so be it.
imagine you are cooking on the 40 yard line of a Bills game in February. that is what you have to work with. Nothing says bbq like wearing a bellaclava. lol
I would like to see an over night cook if possible so the elements become a factor. nothing like stoking the charcoal at 3:30 am in the middle of February with your bare feet inside your running shoes and a jacket on protecting your bare legs

how about one dish we all do with sides. Something different than the competition meats. I would suggest a clog. I have never cooked one but if Steve Reichelin can do it I can.

also maybe something that takes a few hours or might be an anything butt catagory and you can do what you want

Tim

I suggest chicken...has to be white and dark meat with at least 7 pieces of each. Hmmn...where can I get a picture of that??????????? ;)

Seriously, I'm in for whatever.

What are you going to use for judging criteria? Do you have to be in t-shirts and shorts for the picture? Should require picture of pit thermometer. No electronics. Just wood/charcoal and good 'ole drafting and fire control...like it should be all the time. ;)

How about a finger foods category since it's superbowl weekend...wait, I'll be watching the Cowboys play.

pressuretreatedsmoker said:

My ideas would be

no pellet smokers
no guru's
imagine you are cooking on the 40 yard line of a Bills game in February. that is what you have to work with. Nothing says bbq like wearing a bellaclava. lol
I would like to see an over night cook if possible so the elements become a factor. nothing like stoking the charcoal at 3:30 am in the middle of February with your bare feet inside your running shoes and a jacket on protecting your bare legs

how about one dish we all do with sides. Something different than the competition meats. I would suggest a clog. I have never cooked one but if Steve Reichelin can do it I can.

also maybe something that takes a few hours or might be an anything butt catagory and you can do what you want

Tim

Bills playing in February...now that's funny stuff right there. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

Uncle Bubba said:
I suggest chicken...has to be white and dark meat with at least 7 pieces of each. Hmmn...where can I get a picture of that??????????? ;)

What are you going to use for judging criteria? Do you have to be in t-shirts and shorts for the picture? Should require picture of pit thermometer. No electronics. Just wood/charcoal and good 'ole drafting and fire control...like it should be all the time. ;) How about a finger foods category since it's superbowl weekend...wait, I'll be watching the Cowboys play.

And no gas assist, insulated fireboxes, or tuning plates either! :D

With all these restrictions will there be anyone left whose pit qualifies? :LOL:

Allright let the flaming begin! :LOL: :LOL:

pressuretreatedsmoker said:

My ideas would be

no pellet smokers
no guru's

Tim

...an anything but or a chef's choice; I know a guys who does some mean ABT's for Chef's Choice. ;)

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":178vhmrh]I suggest chicken...has to be white and dark meat with at least 7 pieces of each. Hmmn...where can I get a picture of that??????????? ;)

What are you going to use for judging criteria? Do you have to be in t-shirts and shorts for the picture? Should require picture of pit thermometer. No electronics. Just wood/charcoal and good 'ole drafting and fire control...like it should be all the time. ;) How about a finger foods category since it's superbowl weekend...wait, I'll be watching the Cowboys play.

And no gas assist, insulated fireboxes, or tuning plates either! :D

With all these restrictions will there be anyone left whose pit qualifies? :LOL:

Allright let the flaming begin! :LOL: :LOL:[/quote:178vhmrh]

I'll use my "other Klose". ;) ...as you can too.

Puff said:
Smokey_Joe said:
I'm thinking a current newspaper front page in the picture
would/should be required also to avoid older pictures.
This isn't what you're implying but I took this last Feb. on a brisket cook :shock:

(I must be nuts! :shock: ) (Or addicted to Q'in :D )

SJ is right, picture of that days newspaper

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Smokey_Joe":mdya4ua6]I'm thinking a current newspaper front page in the picture
would/should be required also to avoid older pictures.
This isn't what you're implying but I took this last Feb. on a brisket cook :shock:

(I must be nuts! :shock: ) (Or addicted to Q'in :D )

SJ is right, picture of that days newspaper[/quote:mdya4ua6]

You didn't say it has to be where your're from.
Griff, I'll need the front page of your local paper the day of the contest bud ;)

Man, you guys are demanding.....Why not restrict it to starting with a live animal, pile of fire wood and naked. Kill the animal, wear the skin and cook it over a wood fire.
Actually, that sounds kind of cool (kinky). Have to do it with something other than a chicken.

Rag said:
Man, you guys are demanding.....Why not restrict it to starting with a live animal, pile of fire wood and naked. Kill the animal, wear the skin and cook it over a wood fire.
Actually, that sounds kind of cool (kinky). Have to do it with something other than a chicken.

If this is the format.... I'm in!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom