Franklin Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As dave said, it was a blast. The kids were great and so pumped up! The look on their faces when we got our first call up was priceless!

For a first year event, it was quite well organized, I thought, and in talking with organizers they will be working to improve the glitches (i.e. setting a definite time for the potluck dinner). The site set ups were huge with individual electrical and water access per site.

It was wonderful to meet everyone, especially our neigbor Norm, and the folks from Canada (although my sons did get quite the education from... bustin loose, right Adrienne :D

Hope to see this event grow and see more of you guys there next year! Congratulations to all, especially bubba for his gc.

Guys, put Franklin on your calendar for next year. The people who organized it and ran the show couldn't have been nicer. There must be at least a 100 acres of grass to set up on and they are talking of clearing more woods for additional space. Nice small town country support.
My wife Barb and I had the pleasure of meeting Judy and Fran Fry. We met tons of people who pasted through their site to say hello while we were there hanging out.
We introduced ourselves to Bubba and got to see his new Klose. What a machine!!!!! It had all kinds of neat features (I really liked the slide out char grille). I would have thought that an operators license would be needed as well as a uniform to drive this thing.
My wife got pressed into service as a judge (she will be taking a class in Md shortly) as I was performing my first judging since being certified.
Afterwards we stopped by the Comp sites to chat. Bubba was down and disappointed in what he produced. Seemed a shame at the time that things didn't go better on the new cooker.
Next we stopped by Wittdog who was beat (6 hrs sleep in three days???) and didn't think his chow was very good. Buy the way, his two boys are the nicest kids you could meet. Are they really holding beers in the Froggy photos???
So here we sit watching the winners being called out and it seems Dave and Bubba are zipping back and forth from the stage. Wow.
Congrads to both. Barb and I were so happy for them that we felt like we had won.
:D :D :D :D
We are anxious to hook up again at another comp. They are super people.

Way to go Kevin! Without me, you'll prolly win at New Holland! Wish I coulda been there. I am BEAT!!!! I did sell $8,000 worth of BBQ this week though! ;)

Steve McMurtry said:
Hey Woody,

All that work! Why don't you go buy yourself a new bass! 8)

Well.........I did! A Rickenbacker 4001c64 . Used from Pick of the Ricks. $2400! ;) So there! :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom