Countdown to Smoke on the Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Cappy double dittos on whut them other folks say..wishing you some major good fortune..along with any other nice folks we may know who is within earshot and planning on competing too. Not sure whut is that AB money but if it will spend it should work just fine.

bigwheel

Captain Morgan said:
The Fall edition...it's held twice a year. Oh my, the stakes have gotten bigger....first prize is 5 g's, AB money has more than doubled, now at
500 bucks. There's going to be a music festival run by the Myrtle Beach
area chamber of commerce, and it's on Labor Day Weekend...meaning around 500 thousand people will be in Myrtle Beach.

Teams include BBQ-4-U and Captain Morgan, who have taken 3 of
the last 4 trophies awarded.

The schedule for the weekend is here..

http://www.sunfunfestival.com/beachboog ... vities.htm

Gonna be a hoot, and if you haven't planned you're Labor Day Weekend,
we invite you to come on down, kick your shoes off, stay a while....

Rumor has it there will be good eats.

BigGQ said:
Hey Guys, the monkey got lucky today and found frozen crawfish tails. If Cappy can find us some big japs, we will have some craw ABTs!

Looking forward to the fun!!

They don't sell Japs where you live Garland??? Don't start with the excuses, we actually want the crawfish ABT's this year! [smilie=banana.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
Can someone do an anti Ernesto dance for us PLEASE!
[smilie=banana.gif] [smilie=dancing_cow.gif] [smilie=cactus_man.gif] [smilie=hump.gif] [smilie=muffin.gif] [smilie=orange.gif]
[smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif] [smilie=bowdown.gif]

Captain Morgan said:
lol...be a frayed..I like that.

Yep, I was lucky to sneak Walter in last time.

I just wish there was someway for me to be there but family comes first. Oh by the way my father is looking at having 3 stints placed in one of the major arteries , will know more after the trip to Jacksonville . Yall have fun and eat some good food for me will ya ???

WalterSC said:
Captain Morgan said:
lol...be a frayed..I like that.

Yep, I was lucky to sneak Walter in last time.

I just wish there was someway for me to be there but family comes first. Oh by the way my father is looking at having 3 stints placed in one of the major arteries , will know more after the trip to Jacksonville . Yall have fun and eat some good food for me will ya ???

Take care of your father Walter, ya only got one!! Gonna miss the cookies though!!!

Walter, my 80 year old Dad had 9 bypass's in January...He's good as new and better than ever. Hope all's the same with yours...Its probably a good thing your not going..there will probably be that demon alcohol there :twisted:

john pen said:
Walter, my 80 year old Dad had 9 bypass's in January...He's good as new and better than ever. Hope all's the same with yours...Its probably a good thing your not going..there will probably be that demon alcohol there :twisted:

LOL I was looking forward to all the different types of drinks like last year. No to mention the great food that we all share alot of talent there. As for Dad we have gone thru this before this year in some of the other arteries and if it makes him better I am all for it. Got some good news this morning a friend of mine knows of a towable pit that someone local needs to get rid of for 500.00 bucks , that I can afford faster , but it will need repair , I will croos that bridge when I come to it . It already built onto a trailer and is wood burning which is good for me .

Actually its going to be Squeal Appeal or something to that nature !![/quote]
Dang... Big Mike just changed his team name to that. :P[/quote]

Oh now you are kidding me ahh wel back to the drawing board I am looking for something that would stand out. I twill be sometime before I am able to compete dont even have a pit of my own but I figure what the heck might as well come up with a name??

Back
Top Bottom