Congrats Dallas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone! We just got back from Madison. We had a great time. I thought we tanked this one early on when we had a temp spike on the Jedmaster which normally cooks hot and fast to begin with. We started our fire at 1 am and put the brisket and pork on at 2. I took a little cat nap and checked on the meats at 4 and saw that the pit temp was at 300 and the internal temps of both meats were around 175 after only 2 hours with some significant resistance so I thought we were finished
but we got the meats foiled and the temps under control. Our biggest surprise were our Ribs. We took third place with them at Madison last year and the same ribs finished 31st this year which cost us the Grand Championship. Still it was a fantasic contest with very stiff competition. We finished first in Chicken, 9th in pork and 3rd in Brisket out of 57 teams. We lost to Ulcer Acres by .0006 of a point and barely held on to the Reserve by .0002 of a point over Moonswiners. Now it doesn't get any closer than that .0008 of a point separating first from third. I'm convinced that it was the BBQ Central Karma that allowed us to hang on.

Thanks also to my teamates, Mike and Rob who were a tremendous help and also to my wife Donna who has done a tremendous job with the turn in boxes this year. It was a total team effort!

Unfortunately I had the camera in my pocket but my wife got some pictures off with hers. My wife stayed down in Cincy with her Dad and I'm off to Nashville, TN for a couple of days but will post the pics when I get back.

Thanks again everyone for all the nice comments. You guys are the best!

Larry Wolfe said:
Congrats Dallas!! Was that cooking on the FatBoy??

No Larry. I left the Fatboy at home (but will be bringing it for sure for our next contest in Nashville, IN). We cooked on the Jedmaster and an FEC 100.

I will post a couple of pictures when they finish downloading....it was a blast, but, I never thought that I would say this, but, Glad to be back in Cleveland!!!! Was a unreal weekend.....now time to sleeeeeeeeeeeep!

Congratulations Dallas!,,soon we'll be saying.. we knew him when he was a poster on the BBQ central forum.

Back
Top Bottom